Author Topic: DWS Kickstarter (free/discount workshops, etc)  (Read 1593 times)

Edward M. Grant

DWS Kickstarter (free/discount workshops, etc)
« on: September 08, 2019, 08:11:37 AM »
FYI, if anyone wants to take any of Dean Wesley Smith's workshops, he's got a kickstarter going at the moment which offers discounts on the workshop price. Plus it's progressed far enough that anyone who supports it gets some free stuff.

I think it ends on the 11th.

Edit: duh, here's the link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/403649867/pulphouse-subscription-drive?ref=project_link
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 09:07:20 AM by Edward M. Grant »

The following users thanked this post: Ghost5

Ghost5

Re: DWS Kickstarter (free/discount workshops, etc)
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 07:43:10 AM »
Hey, I just want to boost this a little. For as little as 5 bucks, you can get a free classic workshop and a free lecture! If the Kickstarter hits its next stretch goal (it's very close), they'll add their recently released lecture series on Myths (the Creation Bundle).

Plus, you'll get a heap ton of free fiction. It's a great deal for their workshops and lectures! But it's only for another day or so, so don't hesitate if you want to try it out for five bucks.

Thank you and carry on.
 :catrun

Edward M. Grant

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 02:17:40 AM »
Yeah, they hit the fifth goal last night, so if you back it to any level you can get a classic workshop (one of the older ones where you can't send in assignments any more but otherwise all the videos are there), six lectures, and a bunch of free books.

The following users thanked this post: Ghost5

Vidya

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 05:52:48 AM »
yes, on the site it sounds like if you back it to any level, you get these rewards but KKR’s latest email says:

Wow! With 44 hours left to go on the Pulphouse Magazine Subscription Kickstarter, we’ve hit five of six stretch goals. The fifth got unlocked less than an hour ago. That means backers at the $5 and above will get stretch items worth $450.

it’s still a great deal.

Edward M. Grant

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 06:24:07 AM »
Actually, I didn't realize at the time that you could back it for less than $5... I thought that was the minimum :).

Edward M. Grant

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2019, 05:35:09 AM »
Looks like they're well above $30k now, so that adds a bunch of pop-up lectures and some more free books to backer rewards, with about three hours left.