Author Topic: Series Page and Strip Disappearance?!  (Read 3434 times)

HSh

Series Page and Strip Disappearance?!
« on: November 04, 2018, 11:54:09 AM »
My main series now has the series strip and series landing page missing.  I just contacted them. 

Is anyone else having issues?  I just released the latest in the series, and often have to ask them specifically to add the latest the book to the series.

I've never had the whole series thing disappear before (at least not without having a book disappear from a series, which it hasn't).

Are they f*cking with me, is this an honest mistake, or is it a bug other people are experiencing?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 01:09:11 PM by HSh »

Maggie Ann

Re: Series Page and Strip Disappearance?!M
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 12:02:15 PM »
I only checked one of my series but it's all there.

ETA: Just checked two more and everything is as it should be.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 12:05:00 PM »
This does happen sometimes when you ask them to add a book. Instead of adding it to the existing page, they create a new series page. And delete the old one before bringing the new one up.

I've noticed the url of a series page change 5-6 times over the course of a long series.

I guess it depends on who does the add. I think some of their support people cant read english properly and add my book to my series page is interpreted to mean delete my series page and create a new one.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
  • Tickling the imagination one book at a time
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 01:10:26 PM »
This does happen sometimes when you ask them to add a book. Instead of adding it to the existing page, they create a new series page. And delete the old one before bringing the new one up.

I've noticed the url of a series page change 5-6 times over the course of a long series.

I guess it depends on who does the add. I think some of their support people cant read english properly and add my book to my series page is interpreted to mean delete my series page and create a new one.
Or they have no way to add to an existing series page. I don't know if this is true, but I read long ago at the other place that the only way customer support can add a book to a series is to create a new series page. I would have thought that was too cumbersome to be true, but Amazon does a lot of things that look more cumbersome than they need to be (like having different html commands available for product descriptions on KDP, CS, and Author Central.) The problem may lie in Amazon assigning an ASIN to the series page. I assume that the addition of the book technically makes a different product and necessitates a new product page--at least from Amazon's point of view.  :hehe

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

CoraBuhlert

Re: Series Page and Strip Disappearance?!
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 01:51:25 PM »
I actually have a series page now for my In Love and War series, which never had one before, because it contains short stories as well as novellas and novels. Of course, they're missing the latest books in the series and I'm reluctant to contact them, because I fear I'll lose the entire series page.

Blog | Pegasus Pulp | Newsletter | Author Central | Twitter | Instagram
Genres: All of them, but mostly science fiction and mystery/crime

HSh

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2018, 01:57:26 PM »
Thanks for the responses.  To clarify, I had not yet contacted them about getting the book added.  Since they're usually so slow about doing so, and don't unless I contact them, and since I've never had the series entirely disappear during a transition to include the next book in the series (as far as I'm aware), I wonder if it's actually connected.

Of course, I hope you guys are right and that it's resolved quickly.

HSh

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 03:53:49 AM »
I received this as a partial reply monday:

I apologize as this is not affecting only you, but other publishers. Our Technical Team is aware of this issue and they are working hard to resolve it as soon as possible.

It's not fixed yet either.  :/

Writer

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 05:02:49 AM »
Lost my series page today.

YouMeWe

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2018, 10:45:48 AM »
Mine went walkabout at the end of October ... well, that's when I noticed. It came back soon enough and seems to have stayed in place since. Now, if Amazon could just give my 'currently unavailable' book 2 of a trilogy its buy button back in the states, I'd be a very happy bunny. :icon_rolleyes:
Pleez scoose n e errers, eyes lerrnin diktashun.

HSh

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2018, 10:53:51 AM »
IT'S BACK.

It wasn't earlier today.  That took a while.  I was starting to really worry and wonder what to do next.

Wow, it took ages, though!!

Simon Haynes

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2018, 04:09:32 PM »
One of mine vanished for several days, so I wrote to KDP support and they got it back. Another vanished 2 days ago, but it's back today.

I've never asked them to add a book, I just use the 'series' fields in the KDP dashboard to set things up, and then I let nature take its course.

The following users thanked this post: Ghost5

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
  • Tickling the imagination one book at a time
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2018, 12:52:42 AM »
One of mine vanished for several days, so I wrote to KDP support and they got it back. Another vanished 2 days ago, but it's back today.

I've never asked them to add a book, I just use the 'series' fields in the KDP dashboard to set things up, and then I let nature take its course.
That's what I tried to do--but nature never took its course. I had a six-book series that only listed four books. Interestingly, the read-through on books 5 and 6 seemed to be much lower. When I asked, they added the last two books right away, and that did help their sales a little. I wonder how many sales I lost earlier because of the incomplete series page.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

HSh

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2018, 04:18:12 AM »
I just want to reiterate that I had not contacted them yet about updating my series when this happened to my series.  There was no rhyme or reason for it that I could see, so no way I could've avoided it by asking for less.