Author Topic: Have Amazon always threatened this and I just didn't notice?  (Read 1289 times)

JRTomlin

Hello,

During a review, we noticed the Amazon.com.au physical or digital list price for the book(s) listed below is higher than the list price of the same book listed on Amazon or another website.

A Kingdom's Cost: A Historical Novel of Scotland (The Black Douglas Trilogy Book 1) (ID: B01DWTHKFI) is listed on Amazon.com.au at AUD 4.99 and at AUD 3.08 on KoboBooks-AU

Please adjust the list price within the next 5 business days to comply with our pricing policy. You'll need to set your Digital Book's List Price (and change it from time-to-time if necessary) so that it is no higher than the list price in any sales channel for any digital or physical edition of the Digital Book.

To edit your book's price:
1. Go to Your Bookshelf: https://kdp.amazon.com/bookshelf and find the book
2. Click the ellipsis button ("...") under the Kindle eBook Actions menu next to the book and select "Edit Pricing"
3. Make the edits to your book's price
4. Scroll to the bottom and click "Publish Your Kindle eBook"

If the price isn’t updated within 5 business days, we may remove the book(s) from the Kindle Store, at which point you will need to republish the book(s) with an updated price.

Since when do they threaten to unpublish? I've received similar emails in the course of price matching but certainly never noticed that they threatened to unpublish. But maybe I just didn't notice and they always said this?

ETA: Particularly baffling is the fact that my price on the novel is the same on Amazon and Kobo. I am a tad irritated and will look at it tomorrow.

EllieL

Re: Have Amazon always threatened this and I just didn't notice?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 05:35:06 AM »
Yep, they do this all the time.

Check your pricing for the various Kobo rates. If you let Kobo do the currency conversions, you may have a price lower than Amazon. Just modify the AU pricing manually to match. That is all I do when something like that occurs. The next time they trawl the Kobo waters, they'll see the matching pricing.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 05:37:15 AM by EllieL »
Historical and contemporary romance

Signature Tool Alpha Test

ingobernable

Re: Have Amazon always threatened this and I just didn't notice?
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 06:14:25 AM »
They threatened me too, and it was also about Amazon.com.au. I don't remember when exactly I got the email, maybe last year.  :icon_think: