Author Topic: Anyone heard of Bookzzle?  (Read 1732 times)

Gerri Attrick

Anyone heard of Bookzzle?
« on: August 12, 2019, 09:35:53 PM »
I’ve had an unsolicited email from them this morning - totally out of the blue.

They appear to have only a small following at the moment, and their promo pricing reflects this - $20 and $10. As far as I can tell (not delved too far into it atm) they deal only with freebies.

It might be worth a punt - unless anyone knows otherwise.

https://bookzzle.com/book-promotional-services/

Anarchist

Re: Anyone heard of Bookzzle?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 01:51:44 AM »
I recommend the following...

Over the next five days, open their daily emails. Do so several hours after they arrive.

Inspect the promoted books on Amazon, particularly those in your genre (or an adjacent genre). Look at the books' sales ranks. If the sales ranks suck (e.g. 10,000 for a free book), the promo site is ineffective.

This process is imperfect, of course. But it's the best you can do without spending your money.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to fully satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics.” – Thomas Sowell

"The State is an institution run by gangs of murderers, plunderers and thieves, surrounded by willing executioners, propagandists, sycophants, crooks, liars, clowns, charlatans, dupes and useful idiots—an institution that dirties and taints everything it touches.” - Hans Hoppe

"Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because its excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience." - Adam Smith

Nothing that requires the labor of others is a basic human right.

I keep a stiff upper lip and shoot from the hip. - AC/DC

The following users thanked this post: idontknowyet, TinkSaid, RPatton, diisha392, DmGuay, shrouded1

Gerri Attrick

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 01:58:31 AM »
Good advice. Thanks, Anarchist.

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
  • Tickling the imagination one book at a time
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 08:10:04 AM »
I recommend the following...

Over the next five days, open their daily emails. Do so several hours after they arrive.

Inspect the promoted books on Amazon, particularly those in your genre (or an adjacent genre). Look at the books' sales ranks. If the sales ranks suck (e.g. 10,000 for a free book), the promo site is ineffective.

This process is imperfect, of course. But it's the best you can do without spending your money.
I'd add one additional suggestion. On days when someone is following your suggestion, it would also be good to look at some other titles that should be in motion (like books promoted by Bookbub). That would be a good idea just to make sure that the ranks are actually updating. We know that at times, the ranks can freeze for hours. Other than that, your approach sounds like a good way to test promos in general.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

Paul Gr

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 06:15:19 PM »
Pinterest Views: 10,000
Strangely enough I was on the Pinterest site last night, should have taken a look at it from a marketing point of view, as a marketing tool, but was on another mission.

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
  • Tickling the imagination one book at a time
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2019, 06:15:54 AM »
Pinterest Views: 10,000
Strangely enough I was on the Pinterest site last night, should have taken a look at it from a marketing point of view, as a marketing tool, but was on another mission.
When I first started out (2012), some authors swore by Pinterest as a promotional vehicle. Personally, I could never get it to work for me. More recently, Pinterest tried to focus more on sponsored pins (big surprise), in the process cutting out some possibilities for growth that didn't require advertising money to work.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter