Author Topic: Print and Digital Formatting  (Read 1688 times)

guest153

Print and Digital Formatting
« on: October 12, 2018, 02:34:46 PM »
I do quick formatting for both print and ebooks. My rate is $50 per format (so if you want print and digital, that's $100). I can do drop caps and special ornamental breaks, as well as other special formatting you might want in your book. If you're wide, I'll also provide vendor-specific ebooks at no extra cost (so if you want links to your Amazon catalogue in the KDP book, links to your Kobo catalogue in the Kobo book, etc).

If interested, drop me a line. You can contact me through PMs here on the board or you can reach out to me on my website's contact page.

Mark Gardner

Re: Print and Digital Formatting
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 10:28:32 PM »
I think the important thing is to know your process. Are you just running a manuscript through vellum, or are you doing advanced formatting? Can you point to examples of your work?

guest153

Re: Print and Digital Formatting
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 07:49:04 AM »
I don't just run it through Vellum, I use InDesign and I go through each page, strip out any strange formatting that may have crept in from Word, Scrivener, etc. to avoid any problems. Drop-caps, ornamental breaks, custom chapter headings or section breaks, those can be done depending on what the client wants. Otherwise it depends on what you mean by "advanced" formatting.

I've formatted all my own books, plus I've also done books for David Gaughran, Felicia Beasley, Aimee Easterling, and a small publisher called Pro Se Press.