Author Topic: OK, where is the monthly KU payout ratio gripe thread?  (Read 3973 times)

Felix R. Savage

OK, where is the monthly KU payout ratio gripe thread?
« on: October 18, 2018, 09:41:43 PM »
I come over here hoping someone has analyzed the September KU rate and find ... crickets? Can it be? Am I just not finding the thread?

(and also where is the "hmmm" smiley? you know the one that is pensively rubbing its chin.)

Michelle Louring

• Novella unlocked
  • The owl is pure evil. Don't let him fool you.
Re: OK, where is the monthly KU payout ratio gripe thread?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 09:45:40 PM »
We got one scratching its head, but I understand if it's not as sophisticated as chin rubbing  :icon_think:

Crazy owl lady. I also occasionally write Fantasy books, but the owl is really all anyone cares about.

https://michellelouring.com/

The following users thanked this post: Felix R. Savage

Tom Wood

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 10:05:51 PM »
This one might work?

Mark Gardner

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 10:33:10 PM »
I mean come on, can you believe that payout ratio? What the heck Amazon? We should all just take our books out of KU and force Amazon to pay a fair wage. Unionize, my brothers and sisters!

There is a time when Kindle Unlimited becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part. You can't even passively take part! And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop! And you've got to indicate to Amazon — that unless you're properly compensated, Kindle Unlimited will be prevented from working at all!

LilyBLily

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 10:44:04 PM »
I copied this from KBoards (so sue me, VS):

"0.004885 is the highest rate so far this year.

For August, the rate was 0.004491."

I have only one series left in KU, and it earns chump change; I barely pay attention anymore.     

Maggie Ann

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 11:20:33 PM »

I have only one series left in KU, and it earns chump change; I barely pay attention anymore.   

Chump change about sums it up. That's why I'm wide now. I'm still earning chump change but at least when I do a promo, I make my money back and a little more.

Decent payout this month. Borrowed books are still being read so I have a few pages on my report.

guest642

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 12:34:34 AM »
I come over here hoping someone has analyzed the September KU rate and find ... crickets? Can it be? Am I just not finding the thread?

(and also where is the "hmmm" smiley? you know the one that is pensively rubbing its chin.)

Around half a penny. Sounds about right.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2018, 12:48:42 AM »

Really interesting.

Up, steady, very slight down, Up. This is what the rate has done since all the banning happened.

:dance:
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2018, 06:38:30 AM »
I mean come on, can you believe that payout ratio? What the heck Amazon? We should all just take our books out of KU and force Amazon to pay a fair wage. Unionize, my brothers and sisters!

There is a time when Kindle Unlimited becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part. You can't even passively take part! And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop! And you've got to indicate to Amazon — that unless you're properly compensated, Kindle Unlimited will be prevented from working at all!

How about a little theme music?   :band:

v  v  v  v  v    Short Stories    v  v  v  v  v    vv FREE! vv

Genres: Science Fiction, Fantasy (some day) | Author Website

The following users thanked this post: Rusty

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2018, 06:39:50 AM »

Really interesting.

Up, steady, very slight down, Up. This is what the rate has done since all the banning happened.

What's the delay on these payouts?  For example, is the August rate for reads that happened in June?
v  v  v  v  v    Short Stories    v  v  v  v  v    vv FREE! vv

Genres: Science Fiction, Fantasy (some day) | Author Website

Felix R. Savage

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2018, 09:54:55 AM »

Really interesting.

What's the delay on these payouts?  For example, is the August rate for reads that happened in June?

AFAIK the September rate is for reads that happened in September.

The following users thanked this post: Jeff Tanyard

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2018, 11:36:55 AM »

AFAIK the September rate is for reads that happened in September.

The rate is applied to a specific month. So the one announced the other day was for Sept. Sept gets paid at the end of Nov.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

VeronicaLiberaci

• Tag Line unlocked
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2018, 03:11:10 AM »

Chump change about sums it up. That's why I'm wide now. I'm still earning chump change but at least when I do a promo, I make my money back and a little more.

Decent payout this month. Borrowed books are still being read so I have a few pages on my report.
Also earning chump change, but I guess it's better than nothing.

dgcasey

• Long Novel unlocked
  • Take my memories. I hope you got a big appetite.
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2018, 03:37:57 AM »
That thread is over at "the other site."
I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.
"The Tales of Garlan" title="The Tales of Garlan"
"Into The Wishing Well" title="Into The Wishing Well"
Dave's Amazon Author page | DGlennCasey.com | TheDailyPainter.com
I'm the Doctor by the way, what's your name? Rose. Nice to meet you, Rose. Run for your life!

MelanieMRodriguez

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2018, 12:32:57 PM »
We got one scratching its head, but I understand if it's not as sophisticated as chin rubbing  :icon_think:

OMG Mind blown. I always wondered what a thinking ninja had been. Or karate or something, the hand always looked like a headband to me. Perspectives sometimes. :cool: