Author Topic: Is this normal?  (Read 2086 times)

Marti Talbott

Is this normal?
« on: January 07, 2020, 11:36:36 AM »
AMS says I sold a paperback on 1/2 but it still hasn't shown up in my sales reports. Think I should ask Amazon or wait a while longer?
Read The Swindler, a historical romance available at:
Amazon, Apple, Google Play, Kobo & Nook
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08QG5K23

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
Re: Is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 11:40:57 AM »
AMS says I sold a paperback on 1/2 but it still hasn't shown up in my sales reports. Think I should ask Amazon or wait a while longer?

It was probably someone else's paperback after they clicked your ad to find the link to it. Click ad, click also bought, buy also bought. Appears on your report.

The reports are complete crap. Just missing KU makes them that way, let alone the misrepresentation of sales.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

Marti Talbott

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 11:48:22 AM »

It was probably someone else's paperback after they clicked your ad to find the link to it. Click ad, click also bought, buy also bought. Appears on your report.

The reports are complete crap. Just missing KU makes them that way, let alone the misrepresentation of sales.

Wow, I didn't realize it was that screwed up. I'm suffering from ad burn out as it is and now I probably won't get paid for the only paperback I've sold through AMS in a month? I might have to take up drinking this year. Never really liked the taste of it, but...

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 11:58:55 AM »

Wow, I didn't realize it was that screwed up. I'm suffering from ad burn out as it is and now I probably won't get paid for the only paperback I've sold through AMS in a month? I might have to take up drinking this year. Never really liked the taste of it, but...

I was looking over mine yesterday. The books with the best stats, didn't have that many sales. And the book doing the best, isn't getting sales at all, but is getting KU reads it wasn't getting before the ad.

The ad itself was a test I've let run a long time, of using minimum bids on lot of keywords which are out of date now, across a dozen books. And it is working as far as keeping my daily income further up than it would be.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

Marti Talbott

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 11:49:17 AM »
I emailed Amazon and they're still looking into it.

Marti Talbott

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 05:00:40 AM »
Well, the jury is in and Amazon is not going to pay me for the paperback AMS says I sold. They say that someone must have clicked on it and then bought something else. While I'm happy for that someone else who ended up with the purchase, I think a click and a sale are two different things.

Anyway, only once in ten years have I won a "you're not paying me" case, so I have to just chalk this up to another loss. Sheesh!

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2020, 09:15:21 AM »
They say that someone must have clicked on it and then bought something else.

Which to me indicates just how dishonest and meaningless those stats are.

Marti Talbott

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2020, 09:25:04 AM »
I try really hard to trust them, but over and over I have my doubts. They just fired some people at Amazon for selling customer information. Just how hard would it be for someone to be skimming off the top - a sale here and a sale there? It's probably just my propensity for conspiracy theories.  grint

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2020, 09:31:29 AM »
It's probably just my propensity for conspiracy theories.

Ever since it started, I've considered AMS a giant scam. The feeling got worse when all the bids needed tripled almost overnight.

Marti Talbott

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2020, 09:45:48 AM »
It's probably just my propensity for conspiracy theories.

Ever since it started, I've considered AMS a giant scam. The feeling got worse when all the bids needed tripled almost overnight.
Yes, but we have few alternatives. I can't afford Bookbub ads but once every three months. Promotion is so exasperating!