Author Topic: New Apple Books Revamp Preview  (Read 1784 times)

Demon_Lord

• Novella unlocked
  • FYI I often modify my post to correct typos.
New Apple Books Revamp Preview
« on: April 15, 2019, 04:49:44 AM »
While searching books in the Apple store, I just noticed that the page of the books has a new design, and that the top of each page says 'Apple Books.  Preview'. For example, this is the page from one of  J.K. Rowling books

https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/harry-potter-cursed-child-parts-one-two-official-playscript/id1255836154

There are changes in the way they are handling taxes too. And for those of us in the US, no more 1099misc but 1099K forms. This is a link with that information https://itunespartner.apple.com/en/books/faq/Banking%20and%20Tax_Tax

The following users thanked this post: Greg Dragon

Anarchist

Re: New Apple Books Revamp Preview
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 05:26:02 AM »
That's a good-lookin' page. The only thing it's missing are sponsored ads.

Just kidding.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to fully satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics.” – Thomas Sowell

"The State is an institution run by gangs of murderers, plunderers and thieves, surrounded by willing executioners, propagandists, sycophants, crooks, liars, clowns, charlatans, dupes and useful idiots—an institution that dirties and taints everything it touches.” - Hans Hoppe

"Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because its excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience." - Adam Smith

Nothing that requires the labor of others is a basic human right.

I keep a stiff upper lip and shoot from the hip. - AC/DC

ragdoll

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 01:48:40 PM »
...The only thing it's missing are sponsored ads.

Just kidding.

And more than 2/3 my books on my author page :(

Also, Apple 1099-K is not new. I have never received a 1099-Misc from them (since 2012) and a 1099-Misc threshold is only $10 in royalties. I received one 1099-K (requires at lease 200 transactions totaling at least 20,000).
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 01:53:04 PM by ragdoll »

spin52

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 10:23:38 AM »
I think it's a great improvement. One of the problems with the old iBooks listings was that the covers always looked 'muddy', and now they're all sharp and clear. Also, for those of us who don't have a lot of reviews/ratings, they are now shown even if there's only a couple.

Traditional mysteries with a dash of humor -- no cats, no cupcakes, no covens.

notthatamanda

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 11:34:36 AM »
Eh, I'm undecided.  You have to scroll down to see the description (blurb) now.  There's a lot of white space under the rating that could be better utilized by starting the blurb there, I think.

Maggie Ann

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 11:37:13 AM »
Eh, I'm undecided.  You have to scroll down to see the description (blurb) now.  There's a lot of white space under the rating that could be better utilized by starting the blurb there, I think.

I agree. There's too much white space and it makes the page look amateurish.