Author Topic: Grab this free book  (Read 3003 times)

twicebitten

Grab this free book
« on: January 29, 2020, 01:21:38 AM »
You want to know how millionaire indies were thinking 4 years ago (I know, it's like Medieval times in indie years, but still). Jana DeLeon (et alia)'s book on self-pub business is free right now, though I don't know for how many more days.

https://www.amazon.com/Naked-Truth-About-Self-Publishing-Updated-ebook/dp/B015QOF860

The following users thanked this post: dgcasey, The Masked Scrivener

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
Re: Grab this free book
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 01:23:35 AM »
Not free for me.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

The following users thanked this post: JA Wallace

Gerri Attrick

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 01:32:09 AM »
Nor for me in the UK where its only review says, "How come this is free in the US, but not here?"  It was posted in 2016. :hehe

Lynn

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 01:40:41 AM »
The last I heard they had put it free because they weren't going to do any (more) updates to the book. That was in 2016 and I picked up a copy back then. Amazon even reminded me of that date when I clicked through. :D
Don't rush me.

twicebitten

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 02:03:48 AM »
oops, yeah, it's no doubt on countdown and in US only (never would be in Australia, on that basis.)

LilyBLily

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2020, 08:28:30 AM »
Turns out I already own it. Thanks for the heads up regardless.

kenle

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2020, 09:50:41 PM »
Thanks. I managed to download this successfully. I'm usually based in the UK but right now in Asia.

She-la-te-da

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2020, 06:37:20 AM »
Went to check it out, and I already have it. I thought I did, but looked anyway. I remember when this was the book everyone pointed newbies to.
I write various flavors of speculative fiction. This is my main pen name.

Cabbages and kings

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2021, 09:22:29 PM »
I see the Kindle version is free for me.

But why is there a used paperback being sold for $92.88 and a new paperback being sold for $768.57?
"The time has come," the walrus said,
"to talk of many things:
of shoes and ships,
and sealing wax,
of cabbages and kings."

LilyBLily

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2021, 01:20:29 AM »

But why is there a used paperback being sold for $92.88 and a new paperback being sold for $768.57?

Third party sellers routinely list books they do not have. It's something to do with keeping their accounts alive on Amazon, I understand. Ignore them.

The following users thanked this post: Cabbages and kings

Cabbages and kings

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2021, 03:12:19 AM »

Third party sellers routinely list books they do not have. It's something to do with keeping their accounts alive on Amazon, I understand. Ignore them.

Thanks LilyBLily. So I guess they choose a random and really expensive price because they don't actually have the paperback and actually don't want to make the sale, but just want to have the listing?
"to talk of many things:
of shoes and ships,
and sealing wax,
of cabbages and kings."

LilyBLily

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2021, 10:45:09 AM »

Thanks LilyBLily. So I guess they choose a random and really expensive price because they don't actually have the paperback and actually don't want to make the sale, but just want to have the listing?

I'm sure they wouldn't be averse to charging you $768 for a book and then they'd go buy it from someone for $5 or $10 and pocket a nice profit.  Grin

The following users thanked this post: Cabbages and kings

Cabbages and kings

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2021, 03:20:15 AM »

I'm sure they wouldn't be averse to charging you $768 for a book and then they'd go buy it from someone for $5 or $10 and pocket a nice profit.  Grin

LOL Yeah, I didn't think of that.  Grin
"to talk of many things:
of shoes and ships,
and sealing wax,
of cabbages and kings."