Writer's Haven > Marketing Loft [Public]

Tried and True Book Promo Services

(1/2) > >>

guest215:
A request was made to sticky a post about book promo services that have proved reputable and are currently performing well.

A good starting point is here: http://nicholaserik.com/promo-sites/. However, promo is highly category specific, and this data is time sensitive. A site that is a good performer at the beginning of the year might have already begun to lag later in the year. We can keep this thread updated with current results of campaigns per genre.

This is a crowd-sourced information thread on current performance. What has given you results lately ? Please state the particular genre if  the promo service caters to specific genres. (Genres to be added as this post fleshes out.)

General Use:

Bookbub -- Considered by many to be the holy grail of promotions. Expensive, hard to get, and their vetting process has a reputation for being nonsensical. But widely touted as impossible to beat for exposure and results.

EReader News Today (ENT)

Fussy Librarian

Bargain Booksy and Freebooksy

Free Kindle Books and Tips (FKBT)

Science Fiction/Fantasy

Book Barbarian Second only to Bookbub for this genre, and very reasonably priced.

Romance

Steamy Romance

Robin's Reads (free promotion)

Thrillers/Mysteries

Books Adrenaline

Lysmata Debelius:
What about Robin Reads? Recommended?

guest215:

--- Quote from: Lysmata Debelius on October 29, 2018, 02:16:36 AM ---What about Robin Reads? Recommended?

--- End quote ---

Last time I used that service in my genres, it definitely was not worth the money. If others have found otherwise, I'm very happy to add those details to the list. It's all about what's working now, and in what areas.

Lysmata Debelius:

--- Quote from: Tokki on October 29, 2018, 04:02:23 AM ---
--- Quote from: Lysmata Debelius on October 29, 2018, 02:16:36 AM ---What about Robin Reads? Recommended?

--- End quote ---

Last time I used that service in my genres, it definitely was not worth the money. If others have found otherwise, I'm very happy to add those details to the list. It's all about what's working now, and in what areas.

--- End quote ---

Fair enough!
By the way, thanks for recommending Book Barbarian. They just accepted my submission and I'm curious to see how it does :)

Jeff Tanyard:

--- End quote ---

Something to keep in mind about Robin Reads is the backlog.  Plan your promotion with them at least a month in advance, and preferably closer to two months.  It may even be longer now; I don't know.

Tokki says he hasn't had much luck with them, and that surprises me, because I'd previously only heard good things.  (I haven't run any RR promotions, so I have no first-hand experience.)  But like he says, these things change quickly, and what works for one genre may fall flat in another, and so on. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version