Author Topic: [M.L. Humphrey] Easy AMS Ads: 2019 Edition  (Read 2092 times)

M.L. Humphrey

• Tag Line unlocked
[M.L. Humphrey] Easy AMS Ads: 2019 Edition
« on: May 24, 2019, 01:30:12 AM »
The 2019 edition of Easy AMS Ads is now live on Amazon. The book has been updated to incorporate all the many changes to AMS over the last year (although I still call the ads AMS ads) with the exception of the big blue question mark help option they added yesterday after I published the book. Amazon. Gotta love them.

https://www.amazon.com/Easy-AMS-Ads-Self-Publishing-Essentials-ebook/dp/B07S5D1GCL/

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
Re: [M.L. Humphrey] Easy AMS Ads: 2019 Edition
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 01:42:52 AM »
Do you explain the new bidding system, and how to use it effectively?
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

M.L. Humphrey

• Tag Line unlocked
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 04:40:23 AM »
Do you explain the new bidding system, and how to use it effectively?

I explain how the new bidding options work and what they do and how combining them can end up at a 20x bid amount. My general advice in there is to not use it, but I do mention one or two reasons it might be worth exploring, placement being the primary one.

LilyBLily

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 06:37:31 AM »
I bought the previous edition. I don't see that you've arranged a free update download. Am I correct about that? Not saying you are obligated to provide it. I think I'm beyond the beginner stage, anyway. Best of luck with it.

M.L. Humphrey

• Tag Line unlocked
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 07:41:46 AM »
I bought the previous edition. I don't see that you've arranged a free update download. Am I correct about that? Not saying you are obligated to provide it. I think I'm beyond the beginner stage, anyway. Best of luck with it.

No, I hadn't. I did a minor update about a year ago that stayed under the same ASIN so it might be possible to update to that point but this one ended up being almost a complete re-write given all the changes to AMS over the last year including Lockscreen Ads, portfolios, bidding changes, reports, and the new interface/chart.

And thanks for the good wishes. I hadn't intended to update the book again but it got to the point where it was either unpublish the old version or issue a new version. Since I hadn't seen anyone else publish a recent book on the subject I figured might as well issue a new one. If it sells, great. If not, ah well. At least I know it's available for anyone who really needs it.

David VanDyke

• Long Novel unlocked
  • Full-time hybrid author and curmudgeon
    • David VanDyke's Author Website
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2019, 12:03:27 PM »
Yet there is no such thing as AMS. It's AA now.

To me, makes the book seem already dated.
Never listen to people with no skin in the game.

I'm a lucky guy. I find the harder I work, the luckier I am.

Those who prefer their English sloppy have only themselves to thank if the advertisement writer uses his mastery of the vocabulary and syntax to mislead their weak minds.

~ Dorothy L. Sayers

M.L. Humphrey

• Tag Line unlocked
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2019, 01:01:29 PM »

To me, makes the book seem already dated.

The title of the prior version was Easy AMS Ads. Just a few days ago I saw someone recommend the book under that name. If I'd changed the title I would've lost all those references to the old version and anyone looking for it since I unpublished the prior version when I released this one.

Plus most people still refer to the ads as AMS since AA is much more associated with something else. And I put an explanation about the name change and how I was choosing to continue to refer to the ads as AMS in the chapter on what the ads are, which may even be available in the look inside.

But if that makes you not want it? Okay. You do you. Thanks for sharing?

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2019, 02:39:35 PM »

Alcoholics Anonymous?

Given the bids right now, I'd call that appropriate.  :icon_rofl:
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.