Author Topic: "Congratulations on Your Prolific Works Feature"  (Read 1474 times)

Simon Haynes

"Congratulations on Your Prolific Works Feature"
« on: June 11, 2019, 12:51:07 PM »
I received an email a week or so back, telling me one of my freebies on Prolific Works (or Instafreebie, as I still think of it) has been selected for a free daily feature.

Apparently it involves a blog post, and they're running it on the 19th June.

Obviously I'm pleased they chose it, but if I were running the joint I'd have an algorithm selecting books at random and emailing boilerplate 'you're a winner' messages to the authors in question. (And creating the blog post automatically...)

So, I'm just curious whether anyone has had one of these, and what sort of effect it had on gaining new subs/promotional value?

Denise

Re: "Congratulations on Your Prolific Works Feature"
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 01:14:43 AM »
Sorry to resurrect an old thread.

How did it go?

I just decided to get back to Prolific Works (for some different eyeballs on a reader magnet) and it feels like a ghost town. There are very few giveaways, the existing giveaways don't have a lot of books...

From the writers' side, it's almost dead. TBH, I doubt they can even make a living from the income of the site. I mean, I don't think there are 1000 paying authors every month. It's sad.

How is it from the readers' side? An inclusion on the blog and newsletter should generate some 500 downloads in the IF good old days. I know that a group promo on their newsletter would get some 1000 downloads from IF readers. I'm curious to know how it went for you.

Congratulations, by the way!

Simon Haynes

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 02:27:21 AM »
I'm not sure to be honest - I've been running a few PW promos so they all kind of mixed in together.

The following users thanked this post: Denise

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
  • Tickling the imagination one book at a time
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 07:16:49 AM »
Sorry to resurrect an old thread.

How did it go?

I just decided to get back to Prolific Works (for some different eyeballs on a reader magnet) and it feels like a ghost town. There are very few giveaways, the existing giveaways don't have a lot of books...

From the writers' side, it's almost dead. TBH, I doubt they can even make a living from the income of the site. I mean, I don't think there are 1000 paying authors every month. It's sad.

How is it from the readers' side? An inclusion on the blog and newsletter should generate some 500 downloads in the IF good old days. I know that a group promo on their newsletter would get some 1000 downloads from IF readers. I'm curious to know how it went for you.

Congratulations, by the way!
I decided to try Prolific Works, and I wondered if I was crazy. The number of giveaways was not as numerous as I remembered, though the one I'm in has 60 books in it, which isn't too bad. BookFunnel has a much larger number going, and the much newer StoryOrigin seems about comparable in terms of number of giveaways (though the number of books involved in many of them is very small).

Could the rebrand from Instafreebie really have caused that much damanage?

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

Denise

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 07:40:25 AM »

Could the rebrand from Instafreebie really have caused that much damanage?

I think that together with no longer promoting books with mandatory sign-in.