Author Topic: ENT joins Written Word Media; another one  (Read 881 times)

alhawke

ENT joins Written Word Media; another one
« on: October 25, 2023, 03:50:54 AM »
Is there a giant in the house?

In the ever increasing trend of joint ventures taking over book promo companies (take a look at Crave Books), Written Word Media just announced today that it's adding ENT to their team. ENT joins EreaderIQ and Hello Books. What does this mean? You guys tell me. For someone who knows how to run promotions, it's not that helpful. It will just make ENT less available. For competition, Written Word Media might have been the biggest on the block next to BookBub--now it definitely is.

idontknowyet

Re: ENT joins Written Word Media; another one
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2023, 01:38:06 AM »
The people running written word are smart.
Amazon is fighting against their usefulness with all these stupid ranking issues.
But i doubt a creating a massive promo company is their end goal, but who knows.

The following users thanked this post: alhawke

alhawke

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2023, 01:46:29 AM »
It's created two major promo companies--BookBub and Written Word Media. The remaining are Robin Reads and Bookdoggy (there's others, but these are the biggest guns). Unfortunately, we lost FreeBookTips and Ebookbetty last year. The small promo companies, even though effective, can't seem to compete.

Written Word Media features a way to stack promos now with ENT, Hello Books, and EreaderIQ. This is nice, but it still is better, imo, to spread out promos throughout the week, especially with the new ranking debacle. Maybe they'll add a timing feature later?

writeway

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2023, 05:09:19 AM »
I love WWM. I'm a gold member so I get their emails about this stuff before they release it to the public. Never could get accepted for ENT but I had numerous Bookbubs. I do write in a niche romance category and I don't think ENT had my readers there, which is why they probably kept rejecting me. I love how WWM is adding more and more things. Plan to try one of their stacks as soon as I can spare the money. I have a tight promo budget and those stacks are expensive. I don't usually stack but I think it would be cool to try during a freebie promotion once in a while. I highly recommend anyone who uses WWM regularly to get a membership because you do save a lot of money plus you have access to other perks. Can't wait to see what other advertisers they add in the future.

alhawke

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2023, 06:07:48 AM »
You've had numerous Bookbubs but no ENT? Really? I never thought they were more difficult to accept. It must be your niche.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2023, 01:10:52 PM »
Remind me what ENT is?
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

alhawke

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2023, 01:21:55 PM »
Ereader News Today

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
  • Tickling the imagination one book at a time
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2023, 03:03:56 AM »
Once upon a time, it had a decent claim to being a distant second to BookBub in terms of effectiveness.

It also had what amounted to a positive ROI guarantee. Its fees were based on a percentage of the royalties generated through its link.

Those were the days!

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

alhawke

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2024, 04:17:25 AM »
It was announced today that Book Barbarian is now joining Written Word Media for promo stacking. That doesn't leave much left outside of Written Word Media and BookBub. Maybe Robin Reads and...

As far as I can tell, they're not joining each other corporately, they're collaborating.

All this makes it easier for new writers who have no idea how to stack. I don't see much other advantage. Except it really shows that there's really only two primary promo companies now: Written Word Media and BookBub.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2024, 04:24:10 AM »
Is Written Word Media still around?  All I get is a "403 Forbidden" page when I try to visit their website.
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."
The X-Files: "Blood"

PJ Post

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2024, 04:34:52 AM »
Did they combine lists or are they still operating separately?

Which promo sites are even left at this point?

R. C.

• Epic Novel unlocked
  • "Sooner barbarity than boredom." - T. Gautier
    • R C Ducantlin - Writer of Stories
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2024, 04:37:59 AM »
Is Written Word Media still around?  All I get is a "403 Forbidden" page when I try to visit their website.

WrittenWordMedia - it pops right up.

They are still around and I use them for new releases. In fact, they are the best marketing option in recent months.

R.C.

alhawke

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2024, 04:41:54 AM »
Did they combine lists or are they still operating separately?
Which promo sites are even left at this point?
My understanding is they're working together but operating separately.
Written Word Media encompasses Bargain Books, Red Feather Romance, Freebooksy. All three are top tier and are a part of their company.
The others are still their own companies--I think? So there's still plenty of other promo sites.

Another company that's working with multiple alternative promo stacks is Crave Books. Interestingly, as far as I know, Crave Books started doing this promo stacking and working with other companies before Written Word Media.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 04:44:04 AM by alhawke »

The following users thanked this post: PJ Post

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2024, 05:16:27 AM »

WrittenWordMedia - it pops right up.

All that pops up for me is the "403 Forbidden" page.
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
  • Tickling the imagination one book at a time
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2024, 05:29:34 AM »
Odd! The link works for me.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2024, 05:31:19 AM »
Maybe they just don't want me.  :hehe

Wonder

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2024, 05:50:19 AM »
Consolidation is rarely a good thing for customers, but I'm running my first "stack" through written word media and it's been awfully convenient for scheduling. ENT has been a high-performing newsletter for me in the past, and my main concern is that if everything is instantly bookable through WWM without curation on the editorial side, the newsletters may become less attractive to readers.

I appreciate that ENT and Fussy have historically had good-quality books in my category. I hope that continues.

JackT

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2024, 06:37:34 AM »
I've never heard of Written Word Media.

I notice from their website they do Amazon/Facebook ads as well as stacking. Does anyone have any experience of that?

alhawke

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2024, 07:18:58 AM »
...my main concern is that if everything is instantly bookable through WWM without curation on the editorial side, the newsletters may become less attractive to readers.
I don't think so. I'm not as worried about that, I'm worried that the promos will be easier to book for all writers and that this could make them more booked for old promo buyers like me. But... this is probably why they're doing it. The ease of scheduling means more sign ups.
I notice from their website they do Amazon/Facebook ads as well as stacking. Does anyone have any experience of that?
You've probably heard of Bargain Booksy? That was the first company I ever ran a book promo with. Their consolidated name is Written Word Media. As far as ads, they do get sales but it's very pricey--not necessarily worth it unless you're looking for as much eyes as possible on a new release or you're gunning for a bestseller list (do Indie writers still try for bestseller lists?).

idontknowyet

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2024, 08:00:19 AM »

If you're giving away a free book their ads work well. If not, they stink. I literally didn't get a single sale for $150. Even my bad fb ads work better than that.

The following users thanked this post: JackT, alhawke

R. C.

• Epic Novel unlocked
  • "Sooner barbarity than boredom." - T. Gautier
    • R C Ducantlin - Writer of Stories
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2024, 08:07:46 AM »

If you're giving away a free book their ads work well. If not, they stink. I literally didn't get a single sale for $150. Even my bad fb ads work better than that.

I have to push back on Jack's comment. I have experienced success with WWM at a sale prices and especially with Freebies or $.99. However, success in context does not mean I recouped the investment. The ROI remained negative but I did sell books.

R.C.

The following users thanked this post: JackT

alhawke

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2024, 09:34:33 AM »
That's something for me to keep in mind. I've never ran a free book promo with their ad service.

writeway

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2024, 10:58:43 AM »
Love WWM. I am a Gold Member and it's worth every penny. I never used ENT. Funny how I had multiple Bookbubs but the two times I tried out for ENT I was rejected so I figured my market just wasn't there. I hear it's not that good anymore but now that they have joined WWM I might sub again.

The following users thanked this post: R. C.

writeway

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2024, 11:03:12 AM »
Is there a giant in the house?

In the ever increasing trend of joint ventures taking over book promo companies (take a look at Crave Books), Written Word Media just announced today that it's adding ENT to their team. ENT joins EreaderIQ and Hello Books. What does this mean? You guys tell me. For someone who knows how to run promotions, it's not that helpful. It will just make ENT less available. For competition, Written Word Media might have been the biggest on the block next to BookBub--now it definitely is.

WWM gives authors BETTER access to these companies, not less. It's much easier if you are an author member of WWM to advertise with their partners because you get discounts and with these places all being under WWM it's convenient for people who use the service. I hope they add more partners so I can get more discounts. Some of these sites are too expensive to sub to on your own so that's where that discount comes in. As for Bookbub, I stopped submitting there. I found the last 4 deals I had underwhelming compared to how it used to be. Too much money for less reward.