Author Topic: Amazon payment date changed?  (Read 2125 times)

HSh

Amazon payment date changed?
« on: April 19, 2019, 05:52:30 AM »
Usually I receive notification emails that I'll be paid on the last day of the month.  This month, I'm getting emails that say I'll be paid on the 26th.  Is this a new policy, or just for this month?  I must admit I like the idea of payment actually showing up before the next month (and often taking awhile to trickle in entirely).

RPatton

Re: Amazon payment date changed?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 06:30:51 AM »
Usually I receive notification emails that I'll be paid on the last day of the month.  This month, I'm getting emails that say I'll be paid on the 26th.  Is this a new policy, or just for this month?  I must admit I like the idea of payment actually showing up before the next month (and often taking awhile to trickle in entirely).

Pretty sure it's just because of how the weekend falls. Payments are usually delivered on or around the 28th (depending on your bank). Instead of pushing it out to Monday, they are rolling it back.

Rinelle

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 02:02:10 PM »
Well, Monday is a public holiday, so...

RPatton

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 02:19:44 PM »
Well, Monday is a public holiday, so...

Which one? I did a mental sweep of bank holidays and couldn't come up with one...

LilyBLily

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 02:25:47 PM »
Not a public holiday in the U.S. Neither Easter nor Passover get official federal holidays. School systems that used to give Good Friday and Easter week off now do the week before, which includes Good Friday and Passover's first night, and Easter Monday, and leave it at that. The school bus goes down my road, so I notice when the kids have time off.

Rinelle

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2019, 08:54:03 PM »
Wow, that strange.

It's one of the few public holidays here where everything is actually closed!

LilyBLily

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2019, 10:53:15 PM »
Also, private schools make a point of scheduling their spring break week on a different week from public schools.

RPatton

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2019, 01:05:54 PM »
Wow, that strange.

It's one of the few public holidays here where everything is actually closed!

I honestly wasn't trying to be confrontational, I just couldn't come up with a holiday.

I went to a Catholic university and we got that Monday off, but I always just categorized it as one of those Catholic things. I mean, we also did Red Mass because of the law school, and everyone walked around with smudges on their foreheads on Ash Wednesday, so getting a long weekend for Easter Sunday made sense from the Catholic side of things. Plus, I grew up in a suburb that was about 50% Jewish, so I remember getting Rosh Hashanah  and Yom Kippur off. But that was mostly because so many students didn't go to school on those days that it was just easier to give everyone a vacation day. So, I totally get municipalities and organizations that treat some religious holidays as "official" holidays, but my mind completely skipped over it. For a moment I wondered if they moved Memorial day :)

Rinelle

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2019, 02:00:57 PM »
I honestly wasn't trying to be confrontational, I just couldn't come up with a holiday.

I didn't read it as confrontational. :)

My fault anyway, Easter is the weekend before payment days anyway, I was mixed up.