Author Topic: Amazon announces that CreateSpace to KDP is complete (check your details!!)  (Read 2089 times)

Jan Hurst-Nicholson

• Epic Novel unlocked
  • Don't let your emotions overpower your intellect
    • Just4kix Books
Check your print book details :icon_exclaim:

Received an email from Amazon saying the migration is now complete. When I went to check that the expanded distribution was checked on all my books (I had done all the checking previously, but wanted to make doubly sure) I realised that the print versions of some of my books were in the 'not completed' status. There were no categories chosen and worldwide distribution was incorrect, among other things. When I corrected everything and hit 'publish' I finally had a print sale after having NONE since the migration, despite always having at least one sale.

Non-fiction, Fiction, family saga, humour, short stories, teen, children's
Jan Hurst-Nicholson | author website

The following users thanked this post: Demon_Lord, Cathleen

lyndabelle

Thank you. Going to go check mine now. -Lynda

cecilia_writer

(Sorry, this is only almost on topic!)
I've just noticed that Amazon have now paid me my Create Space paperback royalties (going back a few years) - I had never got round to providing bank transfer information to Create Space and I had thought the rather small amount had been lost in the changeover, so this is quite a pleasant surprise.
Cecilia Peartree - Woman of Mystery

Jan Hurst-Nicholson

• Epic Novel unlocked
  • Don't let your emotions overpower your intellect
    • Just4kix Books
(Sorry, this is only almost on topic!)
I've just noticed that Amazon have now paid me my Create Space paperback royalties (going back a few years) - I had never got round to providing bank transfer information to Create Space and I had thought the rather small amount had been lost in the changeover, so this is quite a pleasant surprise.

:clap: :tup3b

Non-fiction, Fiction, family saga, humour, short stories, teen, children's
Jan Hurst-Nicholson | author website

LSMay

I think all of mine have the same thing with the worldwide distribution being wrong. But I found a worse problem today when I attempted to upload some updates to an old book.

Turns out, for some of my books on CreateSpace, I put the series name in the title, too. God knows why, but I did. CreateSpace was totally fine with this not being on the cover, but Amazon now won't let me update the books if I don't put it on the cover. The titles are like "Trials of Innocence (Innocence Cooper #3)" and cannot be changed because something something ISBN.

So now I have to choose between adding ugly extra stuff to the paperback covers, or unpublishing the paperbacks altogether to be replaced with new editions - at the cost of reviews, sales history etc. for those paperbacks. I guess it's my own fault for putting that in the title back when I did it, but still, an annoying consequence of the migration nonetheless.

L S May | Website | Twitter | Goodreads

Simon Haynes

I had a similar issue with the subtitle, and they changed it for me when I emailed them.

I may or may not have edited the details attached to the ISBN via Bowkerlink first (can't remember.)

LSMay

I had a similar issue with the subtitle, and they changed it for me when I emailed them.

I may or may not have edited the details attached to the ISBN via Bowkerlink first (can't remember.)

Thanks. I'll try emailing first then. It would be nice not to have to republish.

Edited to update: They finally got back to me. They can't change it :(
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 05:48:00 AM by LSMay »

L S May | Website | Twitter | Goodreads