Author Topic: I guess it takes two months now  (Read 1187 times)

Jeff Tanyard

I guess it takes two months now
« on: May 29, 2019, 08:42:16 AM »
I received this today in my email:

I don't know if anyone is using Amazon's new-release notifications as part of a publishing strategy or not, but if you are, the delay seems to be getting longer, so take that into account.
v  v  v  v  v    Short Stories    v  v  v  v  v    vv FREE! vv

Genres: Science Fiction, Fantasy (some day) | Author Website

The following users thanked this post: Ghost5, Rosie Scott

notthatamanda

Re: I guess it takes two months now
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 10:57:18 AM »
Just for another data point I went and followed a trad published author who has a book coming out in early June.  Will let you guys know.
Hope you get a boost from the new release email Tim, better late than later than 90 days as they say, I guess.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
Re: I guess it takes two months now
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 11:35:02 AM »
I complained that book hadn't had a new release email, and they responded it was policy to send one out sometime in 60 days after release.

As far as I know, that email only went to the UK, at day 57.

I follow myself, so I know when the emails come out, and I've not had one.

Personally, I call this a disgrace on Amazon's part, or even deliberate sabotage of launches to force people into AMS, which is a total sick joke now.

I've removed my main Amazon follower's link in my backmatter for recent books, and replaced it with my email list link, and I comment where I can now that Amazon sends followers emails out sometime in 60 days, or never, trying to get people to follow me on Bookbub or my email list instead.

Bookbub are a reliable 3 days after you list your book. Amazon are a sick joke as far as releasing is concerned now.

I still say we need to figure out how to get release announcements to more people, as a forum group.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.