Author Topic: New through help-update content and push it out  (Read 844 times)

notthatamanda

New through help-update content and push it out
« on: November 25, 2020, 09:20:32 PM »
I was poking around on help, with all the new email templates and found this under Manage your book and series>can I push new content to devices.  I have no need to try it, but the last time I used the update categories template they did it in a couple of days.

If you corrected serious errors in your eBook and want us to notify customers of your updates and send them the latest version, you need to contact us. We only send customer updates for serious quality issues.

If you published an updated version of your ebook after you purchased a copy, you can ask Amazon to send you the most recent version.

ASIN/ISBN:
Detailed examples of corrections:
Kindle location number (where in your file is the change):

Simon Haynes

Re: New through help-update content and push it out
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 09:47:26 PM »
That's been around a long time, to be honest. I've used it in the past but they refused to force an update and instead just made it optional. (Even though I'd removed two chapters and edited other portions of the book. This was before I released the audio edition, and I told them the older version of the book wouldn't match for Whispersync.)

I got an email from Amazon yesterday saying they were pushing a new version of something I'd bought due to 'substantial editorial changes'.

I suspect some abuse this by releasing an 'update' as frequently as possible, perhaps for a freebie, in the hope that people will get the note and read the book. This is why Amazon are very strict - plus the fact that pushing an update deletes all the comments/notes people have made in their copy.

notthatamanda

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 10:12:39 PM »
Okay, sorry. I just started noticing the templates and thought maybe it meant a change.

Simon Haynes

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 11:13:23 PM »
Okay, sorry. I just started noticing the templates and thought maybe it meant a change.

It's pretty well hidden!  I've only used the feature twice, and I don't think most know about it.