Author Topic: Ingram Spark Publishing Report...  (Read 2408 times)

Virginia McClain

Ingram Spark Publishing Report...
« on: November 08, 2018, 12:23:54 PM »
....How do you get any detail beyond how many books have sold and how much they've sold for (and your cut)?

For those who use Ingram, do you have access to where your books have sold? For example, if Ingram sells a copy through B&N or Amazon will I ever find that out?

I'm delighted with how many paper copies of my new series have sold, but a bit frustrated that I can't tell which channels they have sold through/to. Even when I export a detailed report to my e-mail it doesn't seem to contain this info. Is it possible to get it or will I never know where my books are selling? Any info is much appreciated.  :dog1:

Virginia McClain | Blog | Cover Designs

Sleeping Cat Books

• Blurb unlocked
  • Helping you reach your publishing goals since 2006
    • Sleeping Cat Books
Re: Ingram Spark Publishing Report...
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 03:57:47 AM »
Not as far as I'm aware.
Providing editing and book design services to independent authors

Sarah Holroyd | Sleeping Cat Books | discussion

The following users thanked this post: Virginia McClain

Virginia McClain

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 08:55:44 AM »
Not as far as I'm aware.

Well... poop. I was really hoping I was just missing some glaringly obvious tool.

IngramContentAU

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 10:35:18 AM »
Hi Virginia,

IngramSpark customers can access a range of reports from their dashboard, including print and ebook sales reports, publisher compensation reports, invoice reports, and others. These reports will tell you whether sales are POD or ebook, which region they come from, and if ebook, whether they are from Apple, or another retailer (it doesn’t display the individual retailer).

As we have direct and indirect relationships with over 39,000 retailers globally, it is difficult to provide specific reporting breakdowns for each retailer.

However, for specific queries or issues relating to sales and distribution, we may be able to provide further information about individual retailers. 

Regards,

Aviva - IngramSpark Australia

Virginia McClain

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 04:56:02 PM »
Hey Aviva,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I only publish print books through Ingram so the ebook/print breakdown isn't of any use to me. Meanwhile, I'm curious, surely you (the company, not you personally) know who you've sold the books to or what retailers they have been sold through. Is there a particular reason that information doesn't get passed on to us? I could understand needing a catchall category for smaller retailers, but it seems like it might be easy enough to categorize sales as Amazon, B&N, Chapters, or other similarly large retailers and then maybe another category for "small/indie retailer"? Do you know why that information isn't provided?

The following users thanked this post: IW Ferguson

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 12:38:08 AM »
I agree. I'd love to see ANY kind of information beyond just you sold 85 copies of this one and 45 copies of this one.