Author Topic: Signatures (for WIDE sellers)  (Read 1987 times)

guest14

Signatures (for WIDE sellers)
« on: September 25, 2018, 08:26:26 PM »
I like supporting people, but because I'm wide in the market I don't want to give precedence to Amazon when my other platforms provide me with as much or more income combined. So, I worked out a system that gave me a good looking signature line, but put the reader into a choice of platforms. If they then choose amazon, it will always take them to Amazon and the Amazon code will be applied. If they go to Apple, then Apple's code and so on etc., etc.

It means joining Books2read.com (Draft2Digital's software for their site links) and putting all of your books up there, but if you do you end up with the following code (I've deliberately chosen to route the images via my website because I change covers frequently and it's easier to switch). I've also reduced them to the specific size I wanted for here to reduce any coding issues now, or later).
--------------------------------
Code: [Select]
My books are available on all major platforms - these links are not just for Amazon
[url=https://www.books2read.com/thepatternship][img]https://tobiasroote.com/images/patternship125x83.jpg[/img][/url]

Genres: Space Opera, Hard SF, Miltary SF, Speculative
-------------------------------
I took out all except the first book for legibility as it only works in code otherwise it puts the picture in like here

My books are available on all major platforms - these links are not just for Amazon

Genres: Space Opera, Hard SF, Miltary SF, Speculative

I hope this helps those people out there who don't like promoting Amazon.

The following users thanked this post: RappaDizzy, Ghost, Maggie Ann, MPMcDonald, RPatton

RappaDizzy

Re: Signatures (for WIDE sellers)
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 01:20:00 PM »
That is bootiful. Just what we needed :Tup3a:

I will work on mine. Thanks

She-la-te-da

Re: Signatures (for WIDE sellers)
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 07:54:48 PM »
I need to get my links from D2D. Thanks for the reminder. :)
I write various flavors of speculative fiction. This is my main pen name.