Author Topic: Anyone heard of Dango Books?  (Read 476 times)

Gerri Attrick

Anyone heard of Dango Books?
« on: June 17, 2022, 06:46:05 PM »
After a recent Fussy Librarian of my permafree, I received an email a day later from FreeBooksy, saying they'd featured the same title. For free, which was as nice as it was unexpected (and almost as effective d/l-wise as Fussy).

The day after that I received an email from Dango Books also offering to promote the book for free. I'd never heard of them, but they seemed legit, so I thought about it for a day and had a follow-up email from them. I attempted to reply, only to receive a non-delivery notice that my message had a high probability of spam. (I hope that  all makes sense - I'm not sure I'm quite awake.)

What do you think? Should I ignore it? Was their original email to me spam? Is Dango Boooks for real?

alhawke

Re: Anyone heard of Dango Books?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2022, 12:41:53 AM »
They're real. Are they effective? I couldn't really say. I used them when they just started out a year ago and their service was free. I haven't purchased a promotion--I wasn't impressed enough, but they had just came onto the scene. I'd be curious to see if you have good results with them.

The following users thanked this post: Gerri Attrick

Gerri Attrick

Re: Anyone heard of Dango Books?
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2022, 06:31:10 PM »
Thanks.

They may be worth a try - they're offering a promotion at no charge - so I'll try and contact them again.