Author Topic: Don't forget to account for holiday delays!  (Read 1701 times)

kdiem

Don't forget to account for holiday delays!
« on: November 28, 2018, 01:14:47 AM »
Hey all. If you've used Draft2Digital (D2D) in the past, you've probably already got their email regarding holiday delays.

If not, this post's for you and takes information directly from the D2D email.

Short version: For all books that should be live by Christmas, submit the final files to D2D by December 7, 2018. Preorders should go live as expected if submitted before the deadline. This is due to the high volume of books being submitted and the respective days off/downtime/closures of various distributors in the holiday window.

Long version: Here's the specific distributor/retailer-by-retailer breakdown:

• D2D: December 24, 25, January 1.
  • Apple: Delays between mid-December through early January. Release dates December 14-28 have midnight PST December 7 deadline. Release dates January  1-4 have a midnight PST December 14 deadline. Apple recommends no changes  between December 21-28.
  • Amazon: Support closed December 25, January 1.
  • Barnes & Noble: Automatic processing no delay except on closure dates. B&N will be closed December 25 and January 1 with no file processing or direct support available.  Delays expected following each closure date.
  • Kobo: Limited support  from December 22-January 3. Their publishing system may be down entirely in that window--no changes or new books accepted.
  • Scribd: Limited support "over the break." Emergency support only  between December 25-January 1.
  • Tolino No imports processed between December 22-27 and December 29-January 2. Important uploads  only between Decemeber 18-January 8.

Good luck!

Author. Bibliophile. Fangirl.
Karen Diem | website | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Goodreads

The following users thanked this post: Angstriddengoddess

CoraBuhlert

Re: Don't forget to account for holiday delays!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 03:13:21 PM »
Sigh. It's always frustrating that some of the world's biggest companies have longer holiday closure times than my family doctor or the local highschool.

Blog | Pegasus Pulp | Newsletter | Author Central | Twitter | Instagram
Genres: All of them, but mostly science fiction and mystery/crime

cecilia_writer

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 05:23:50 PM »
Sigh. It's always frustrating that some of the world's biggest companies have longer holiday closure times than my family doctor or the local highschool.
Yes - my local vet is the one who always surprises me, they seem to look after animals at least 364 days a year!
Our zoo, which is about 10 minutes walk from us. is always open too. I suppose animals don't recognise the same holidays that we do.
Cecilia Peartree - Woman of Mystery

kdiem

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 01:02:22 AM »
Yes - my local vet is the one who always surprises me, they seem to look after animals at least 364 days a year!
Our zoo, which is about 10 minutes walk from us. is always open too. I suppose animals don't recognise the same holidays that we do.

It's a good thing if your vet  and doctor  are open more... you can wait to upload a  book, as much as it may screw your marketing  schedule. You can't wait to deal with the dog that ate something it ought not have (again) or the kid with the high fever.

Author. Bibliophile. Fangirl.
Karen Diem | website | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Goodreads