Author Topic: B&N descriptions missing  (Read 999 times)

spin52

B&N descriptions missing
« on: December 06, 2019, 01:49:10 AM »
I use D2D to distribute to B&N, Kobo, Apple, etc. It used to be that B&N was always the last one to load, but everything was there. For the last two books, however, B&N is first up, but the description hasn't appeared on the product page for several days. D2D keeps insisting it has always been uploaded in stages, but it hasn't. This has only happened recently. In vain have I tried to point out that trying to promote a book when there's no description showing is difficult.
Is it just me, or have others had the same problem? If the description can appear along with everything else on Amazon, Kobo, Apple, etc., what's different about B&N?
 :HB

Traditional mysteries with a dash of humor -- no cats, no cupcakes, no covens.

ingobernable

Re: B&N descriptions missing
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 02:24:36 AM »
It's not a new issue. Happened to me a few years ago. The description will appear eventually. That's one of the reasons why I do preorders.

notthatamanda

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 03:02:45 AM »
I think B&N changed something recently. My book page is loading correctly and the review is back.  Sorry your description is missing, I hope it comes back soon.  I also go through D2D.

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2019, 07:52:50 AM »
Yeah, the product page populates in stages.  The first free download of Clouds of Venus on B&N happened before the blurb had populated.  Someone downloaded the book based on the cover alone.

If the description can appear along with everything else on Amazon, Kobo, Apple, etc., what's different about B&N?
 :HB

They do things their own way, and they have a history of frequent glitches.  When I published The Lattice, B&N mixed it up with another guy's book.  My product page had his book cover on it, not mine.  It took a couple of weeks to sort that out.   :icon_rolleyes:

Given enough time, the B&N Glitch Monster comes for everyone.  Nothing to do about it but fight it off as best one can.
v  v  v  v  v    Short Stories    v  v  v  v  v    vv FREE! vv

Genres: Science Fiction, Fantasy (some day) | Author Website