Author Topic: Is anyone having problems with the KDP previewer?  (Read 1896 times)

notthatamanda

Is anyone having problems with the KDP previewer?
« on: March 12, 2020, 11:16:25 PM »
I have tried on Explorer (or whatever e stands for now) and Firefox but partway through it keeps locking up and telling me there was a problem with the server.  Thanks.

VanessaC

Re: Is anyone having problems with the KDP previewer?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 01:53:49 AM »
Is that the one through the KDP dashboard? I've never used that, as my internet has been appallingly bad.

I use the downloadable Kindle Previewer, which I find really helpful - I think you can find it in the KDP support / help section.

Genre: Fantasy

notthatamanda

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 02:57:34 AM »
Yes the one you just use on your KDP dashboard. It had been fine as of late but now it is not.

VanessaC

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 04:12:34 AM »
Have you tried accessing through Google Chrome? Not sure if that will make a difference, just a suggestion.

notthatamanda

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 04:31:25 AM »
Thanks, I tried Firefox. Chrome is a dirty word around here, my husband got caught up in the problems that Chrome update in the fall caused and it was total hell at his job for two weeks.

I'll keep trying. I have over a month to resubmit the file and the one I have up now is perfect except for one ' that should be a ".

I woke up a dead furnace today and the kids don't have school tomorrow. Everyone here is really stressed out with cases two towns away, even if we aren't expressing it properly on non related internet forums so I'm just going to put this on hold until next week and hope Amazon fixes it.  Sorry for the over sharing of info.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 04:37:32 AM by notthatamanda »

The following users thanked this post: VanessaC

VanessaC

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2020, 04:39:59 AM »
Oh dear. Sounds like you have more than enough going on!

I had to smile at the Chrome reference - I feel the same way about internet explorer.

Hope things settle down for you.

notthatamanda

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2020, 04:50:25 AM »
Thank you.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2020, 10:45:18 AM »
Why use the online KDP Previewer?

The download for mobi is back again, so download it, email to your kindle, and check it using your device or app.

If you really need to see other devices, download the program as suggested already.

Incidentally, the Previewer is part of the Kindle Create download. Even if you delete Create, the Previewer will run without it.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

The following users thanked this post: notthatamanda