Author Topic: KDP has a new manager  (Read 1639 times)

RPatton

KDP has a new manager
« on: April 20, 2020, 04:38:05 AM »
Dan Slater is moving to a different position and Lauren, a manager from Create Space, is taking over.

I don't know what this means for KDP in general, but if KDP's immediate response to two problems this past week is anything to go by, I'd like to think it's a good thing.

The following users thanked this post: PaulineMRoss, Denise, alyson

JRTomlin

Re: KDP has a new manager
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 03:32:46 PM »
interesting news.

Jan Hurst-Nicholson

• Epic Novel unlocked
  • Don't let your emotions overpower your intellect
    • Just4kix Books
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 08:40:21 PM »
Dan Slater is moving to a different position and Lauren, a manager from Create Space, is taking over.

I don't know what this means for KDP in general, but if KDP's immediate response to two problems this past week is anything to go by, I'd like to think it's a good thing.

I wonder if she will introduce some Create Space ideas  :icon_question:

Non-fiction, Fiction, family saga, humour, short stories, teen, children's
Jan Hurst-Nicholson | author website

notthatamanda

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 09:13:53 PM »
Oh yeah, I heard a rumor about that. ;)

She-la-te-da

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2020, 06:29:21 PM »

That's a good question, Jan! Seems like CS had some good ways of doing things that were dropped when it rolled into KDP. It never made any sense to me to upset a system that seemed to be working, just because... Well, who knows?
I write various flavors of speculative fiction. This is my main pen name.

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
  • Tickling the imagination one book at a time
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2020, 06:51:13 AM »

Yes, they dropped a well-run system and folded the services into a less well-run system--which it appears will be in beta forever.

That's a good question, Jan! Seems like CS had some good ways of doing things that were dropped when it rolled into KDP. It never made any sense to me to upset a system that seemed to be working, just because... Well, who knows?

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

Mark Gardner

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2020, 01:40:22 AM »
It's been four months, and KDP is just as sh*tty as ever. They've screwed up so many of my books.

notthatamanda

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2020, 10:44:09 PM »
What kind of problems are you having?