Author Topic: Barnes and Noble Press log in error  (Read 1397 times)

Lynn

Barnes and Noble Press log in error
« on: January 31, 2023, 04:51:28 AM »
I've seen mentioned before the bug that keeps someone from being able to log in to Barnes and Noble (the publisher / press side). Had that happen to me last night and found today that I was able to fix it by changing my password on the main Barnes and Noble site.

In fact, I suspect the bug (or at least the version of the bug I was dealing with) is related to the fact that my Barnes and Noble password had expired on the main site. As soon as I tried to log in to the main site, I got a notice that it had expired. I changed it, went back to the press.barnesandnoble.com site and used the new password to log in and the error (where it just stayed on the main page but never logged me in) didn't happen again.

I'm hoping this will help anyone else who runs into this error.
Don't rush me.

The following users thanked this post: Post-Crisis D, LilyBLily, alhawke

alhawke

Re: Barnes and Noble Press log in error
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2023, 02:24:36 AM »
It's out completely today.  :icon_sad:  It says something about maintenance.

Lynn

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2023, 05:22:56 AM »
It worked for me just now but it was extremely slow to load after signing in.
Don't rush me.

alhawke

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2023, 12:22:04 PM »
Okay. This is really weird. I've been selling books on B&N for four years but they just held my payments pending more tax information.

"Your account is On Payment Hold due to updates you made in the Taxpayer Information section. Please submit a Form W-9 with information matching your updates to remove the payment hold See Details."

Is this another glitch? I'm going to email them. I can't imagine this wasn't submitted four years ago. And now, with it glitchy, they want me to copy my private W9 information?  :icon_eek: Most retailers are fine with filling the W9 out by simply asking for your SSN.

Did any one else get this request? :HB

Lynn

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2023, 10:13:49 AM »
I didn't. Yikes. It still shows "Form W-9: Approved" for me.

Did you change your name or anything in the vendor section? Or maybe banking info that doesn't match the info on your W-9?
Don't rush me.

alhawke

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2023, 11:32:26 AM »
I didn't change a thing. That's what's so weird. I'm waiting for their response back. They say I have 30 days. It's a simple W9 form I can download, but now I'm anxious to send it--in case there is some sort of data breach going on.