Author Topic: My hardcover is on Target  (Read 2644 times)

notthatamanda

My hardcover is on Target
« on: September 17, 2019, 05:40:21 AM »
I guess through IS but it doesn't have the cover image.  A - That's really cool!
B - does the lack of cover image indicate some sort of problem with the cover I uploaded?

Okay, so I uploaded a PDF for dust jacket, but also a flat file, to Ingram.  I don't know why Ingram isn't passing that file onto Target.

Any ideas?  I found it by accident, but I'd like it to be right everywhere.  Sorry this whole end of the business is completely new to me, I'm lost.  Happy, but lost.
Thanks, Amanda

The following users thanked this post: Ghost5

RPatton

Re: My hardcover is on Target
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 06:13:42 AM »
I guess through IS but it doesn't have the cover image.  A - That's really cool!
B - does the lack of cover image indicate some sort of problem with the cover I uploaded?

Okay, so I uploaded a PDF for dust jacket, but also a flat file, to Ingram.  I don't know why Ingram isn't passing that file onto Target.

Any ideas?  I found it by accident, but I'd like it to be right everywhere.  Sorry this whole end of the business is completely new to me, I'm lost.  Happy, but lost.
Thanks, Amanda

Pretty sure this is just about databases being populated and it could take some time. If it's still not fixed in 48 hours, drop IS a line. Also... how cool is it that your book is in Target!

notthatamanda

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 06:21:19 AM »
It's so cool.   :banana:

Yeah, I know, they probably just picked up everything new off of Ingram this week but still.   :banana:

I'll wait a couple of days, and keep checking, obsessively, and hope the cover shows up soon.

Thanks!

Maggie Ann

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 09:24:46 AM »
 :tup3b :tup3b :tup3b

notthatamanda

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2019, 10:20:53 PM »
Still no cover on Target.  I emailed Ingram on Thursday and am waiting to hear back.

I can't make heads or tails of the preorder report on Ingram.  I'm up to double digits with the hardcover  :banana: so I'm dying to know anything about them.  Any tips on how to make that work?  Thanks, Amanda
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 10:23:13 PM by notthatamanda »

notthatamanda

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2019, 09:48:56 AM »
I got a response from Ingram:

Thanks for getting in touch.

You approved a new cover file on the title on 09/09/2019, the retailer has up to 4 weeks to make the update on their listing for changes like this.

Something else to keep in mind for future books I guess.

idontknowyet

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2019, 08:53:07 AM »
Congrats on all the pre orders!!!!!!!  :smilie_zauber:

The following users thanked this post: notthatamanda

notthatamanda

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2019, 11:15:58 AM »
Thanks.  I had totally forgotten about the Target thing and now I can't find the book on Target at all.   :shrug

Rick Partlow

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2019, 01:48:14 AM »
To quote Red Leader from Star Wars...

"Stay on Target...stay on Target!"

:icon_mrgreen:

notthatamanda

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2019, 02:05:58 AM »
Alas, I just tried searching by the book title, my name and the two combined, on Target.
Couldn't find it. My path to glory will have to go another way.