Author Topic: Editing, Proofreading, Ghostwriting, Rewriting, slots open for January and Feb  (Read 3614 times)

A Fading Street

Thought I might as well mosey on over and have a little look :)

The services we offer for Writer Sanctum authors are-

Beta Read @ $0.001 per word-two or three page report.
Proofread @ $0.002 per word- please note this a proper proofread that will be done without software (which will not catch many errors) and remember, it's not how many errors somebody finds in your book, it's the number they miss that counts.
Copy Edit @ $0.005 per word-a thorough copy edit, again no software.

Package deal for one of each of the above three stages at $0.0055 per word so a Beta Read, Copy Edit, and Proofread combo and we will even format your book in Word for e-book publishing if you need it.

All rates shown are current as at January 2019

Substantive Editing
We are now offering Substantive Editing but in our case we also are offering, as part of this a separate package deal to include the Copy-Editing and Proofreading stages as part of the process so not only will you get a chapter by chapter report on things like plotting/pacing/character development and the effectiveness of both narrative AND dialog sections, a complete breakdown of the main characters, their actions and interactions and where these could be improved. A breakdown of the descriptions used within the book and any suggestions for how they could be improved and of course praise for those parts that work well already :). No in-book editing at this stage although there will be comments left throughout to explain or add to what is mentioned in the report. For us the key consideration in all editing work is that it is your story and it is told in your voice. That is something at the forefront of all suggestions we make, to maintain your voice.
Rate $0.008 per word or a package deal with a full substantive edit plus copy editing plus a final proofread at $0.01 per word for the package.

Ghostwriting
We now offer a ghostwriting service. If you need a sequel, a prequel, a series continuing, have a book that is half-finished or just need some help maintaining you output, then we can help you out. I have various writing samples I am happy to send to any prospective clients plus I also offer a free 500 word sample of writing based on a scene you suggest so you know that what you're seeing is tailor made for you. Every word you would get from us in a ghostwriting job would be original, will be proofread and will be delivered to you ready to use. NDA agreements are not a problem although we do offer complete discretion to all clients on all projects no matter what. We work in 10000 word milestones.The reason for that is to give any clients the opportunity to review things and suggest alterations if necessary (unless you only want a sub-10000 word story) and the rate starts at $200 per 10000 words delivered, dependent on the level of outline provided. Genres-any fiction genre including erotica.

More specialized services

Rough Draft Edit
Do you just want to write and never worry about punctuation and sentence structure etc. Send us you rough draft, it really doesn't matter how rough and we will go through and edit in any missing punctuation, make sure that sentences are properly constructed and you will get back a document back that you can then start work on revising to beat it into proper shape. Of course while we are straightening out your rough draft, you can be free to write the next book ;) This service is ideal for anyone using speech recognition because you don't have to worry about dictating punctuation etc but if you type and want to be able to speed up your production this works for that scenario too. Rate $0.003 per word.

Audio Transcription
If you are a dictator of words, we can transcribe your audio files into MS Word ensuring again that all punctuation is correct and sending back a proofread, clean document. We can work on a chapter at a time or a full book or anything between the two. This service we also offer for handwritten manuscripts that need typing up into a Word document. Write it, scan it, and send it over, and we will type it up for you.
Rate $0.003 per word for any length of book

Rewriting
Have you written a story in 1st POV present tense, that you wish you'd written in 3rd POV past tense? Is English not your first language? We can help. We will rewrite an existing manuscript, tense changes,POV changes or writing it into idiomatic English while keeping the story as you wrote it and providing you a clean proofread document in return. This can be a very long process and is very time-consuming, particularly changing the tense of a book so the rate for this work reflects that at $0.008 per word.

Audio Book Proofing
We will ensure that your audio recording accurately reflects your manuscript and advise of any errors or omissions.
Rate $15 per audio hour

With all projects we always offer ongoing support so if you want an opinion or help with a blurb or a cover, or explanations for any of the editing suggestions, we are almost always available and at no extra charge.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 09:09:30 PM by A Fading Street »
A Fading Street Publishing Services.
Ghostwriting all genres from $200 per 10000 words
Rewriting from $0.04 per word. Audio and Handwritten Transcription$0.003 per word.
Proofreading $0.002 per word, Copy Editing $0.005 per word. Ghostwriting from $200 per 10000 words.
SPECIAL PACKAGE RATE for Beta, Copy Edit, Final Proof  at $0.0055 per word.
My Writer Sanctum Thread click below
https://writersanctum.com/index.php?topic=41.0

quinning

Yay! I had hoped you'd show up over here so I could tell everyone how AWESOME you are!

Seriously, cannot recommend enough. Reasonably priced, keen eye, great turn around time.

A Fading Street

Yay! I had hoped you'd show up over here so I could tell everyone how AWESOME you are!

Seriously, cannot recommend enough. Reasonably priced, keen eye, great turn around time.

Well, I try :)
Rewriting from $0.04 per word. Audio and Handwritten Transcription$0.003 per word.
Proofreading $0.002 per word, Copy Editing $0.005 per word. Ghostwriting from $200 per 10000 words.

DrewMcGunn

Hey Graham! Glad to see you poke your nose in over here!

Drew McGunn

WasAnn

A Fading Street...maybe you can edit your post to show services? I'm shopping around. :)

Science Fiction is my game.

A Fading Street

Hey Graham! Glad to see you poke your nose in over here!

Hey Drew, nice to see you too. Shouldn't you be writing the next one?  :wink:

A Fading Street

A Fading Street...maybe you can edit your post to show services? I'm shopping around. :)
Hey Was Ann. Happy to oblige :)  Just setting it up on the original post :)

A Fading Street

Just thought I'd give myself, and my post a quick boost up :)

angela

• Short Novel unlocked
  • Indie publishing since 2011. Still kickin'.
We hired Fading Street for a Beta read on my husband's (new writer) sci-fi book and were very happy with the feedback given!

The following users thanked this post: themonthofmay

A Fading Street

I thought I would take this opportunity to wish all of my clients in 2018 and all prospective clients a Happy New Year
Taking bookings now for January and February 2019 (or later)
I have slots for editing, proofreading  AND ghostwriting available.
If you would like an editing sample or a writing sample produced (I only do original writing sample so you know what you are getting for your money) then drop me a line.
Either PM me thought Writer Sanctum or
Take a look at the website and contact me through the form
www.fadingstreet.com
or email direct to
publishing@fadingstreet.com

VanessaC

I worked with Graham a few times last year - for beta reading and a "dialogue edit".

The beta read feedback was really useful - picking up plot holes as well as overuse of words and phrases.

And I really appreciated the dialogue edit as dialogue punctuation is definitely a weak spot for me.

I particularly liked that Graham didn't try to change my personal style, just helped make it much easier for readers to follow.

And all with a sense of humour!!  grint

Genre: Fantasy

The following users thanked this post: quinning, A Fading Street