Author Topic: Freebie links now go to freebie bestseller lists (finally!)  (Read 1178 times)

Simon Haynes

Freebie links now go to freebie bestseller lists (finally!)
« on: December 15, 2020, 05:26:24 PM »
Just noticed that clicking one of the category links on my permafree title's product page ("Best Sellers Rank" section) takes me to the top 100 freebies on Amazon, instead of the top 100 sales (so you then have to click on the top 100 free tab.)

Small change, but a good one.

Simon Haynes

Re: Freebie links now go to freebie bestseller lists (finally!)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 05:27:34 PM »
Yesterday I realised there's a 'View More' link below the 6 'similar' authors on an author's amazon page. Clicking that displays up to another 6 authors, which I haven't noticed before.

Simon Haynes

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 07:41:48 PM »
Another change:

Dear seller,

You are receiving this email because you recently left a comment on a review.

While reviews and feedback are important to our customers and sellers, the comments feature on customer reviews was rarely used. As a result, we are retiring this feature on December 16, 2020.

notthatamanda

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2020, 10:04:21 PM »
Yesterday I realised there's a 'View More' link below the 6 'similar' authors on an author's amazon page. Clicking that displays up to another 6 authors, which I haven't noticed before.

Mine says "Also boughts" but authors instead of books. I clicked around a bit, I'm not showing up on any of their pages but it is nice.

Lynn

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2020, 01:36:22 AM »
The change to end comments on reviews will save a lot of authors from themselves. :)

It'll also make it harder for actual customers to fight or call out shill reviews on products.

Mixed bag.
Don't rush me.

The following users thanked this post: mk31333

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2020, 06:31:06 PM »
The change to end comments on reviews will save a lot of authors from themselves. :)

It'll also make it harder for actual customers to fight or call out shill reviews on products.

Mixed bag.

I'm definitely disappointed to see the end of the comments.  It's a valuable feature for me as a consumer.
v  v  v  v  v    Short Stories    v  v  v  v  v    vv FREE! vv

Genres: Science Fiction, Fantasy (some day) | Author Website

The following users thanked this post: LilyBLily