Author Topic: Amazon is forcing bank accounts to be in the same name as the accounts.  (Read 835 times)

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
I had a nastygram from Payoneer the other day, and sent it on to the local rep.

They told me my bank account didn't have a withdrawal bank account listed in the same name as the account. I pointed out mine was, but with a middle initial instead of the full name.

The rep had to fix it manually, and has taken feedback about how bad the email was.

However, the followup had the reason for it, which wasn't in the original email.

This requirement is actually one being imposed by Amazon, as part of their new regulations, payment service providers (receiving from Amazon) must ensure that there is a bank name that matches the account names (of the payment providers) in their efforts to reduce the number of bad actors using the platform.

:clap:

I see that as a good thing, even if the implementation of that at Payoneer wasn't done very well.

If author accounts have to have a bank account in the same name as the Amazon account, and bank accounts have to be verified as being a real person, it makes banned authors getting back in a lot harder. It also helps to weed out multiple accounts.

So for once, Amazon get a  :tup3b .
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

Escapee

Re: Amazon is forcing bank accounts to be in the same name as the accounts.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 07:59:31 PM »
Thanks for posting this. I received that email from Payoneer as well. How did you get in contact with them to sort this out? I can't seem to find an easy and obvious way to reply to their demand, since they send a no reply email which is utterly unhelpful.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
Re: Amazon is forcing bank accounts to be in the same name as the accounts.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 08:02:13 PM »
Thanks for posting this. I received that email from Payoneer as well. How did you get in contact with them to sort this out? I can't seem to find an easy and obvious way to reply to their demand, since they send a no reply email which is utterly unhelpful.

I did well enough in 2018, so I was introduced to the Australian rep.

I'll start a thread in the Payoneer area for anyone having trouble with that email, and point him to it.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

The following users thanked this post: Escapee

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked

The following users thanked this post: Escapee