Author Topic: Anyone else having weird stuff on their AB lists?  (Read 312 times)

JRTomlin

Anyone else having weird stuff on their AB lists?
« on: April 08, 2021, 07:36:24 AM »
I am pretty careful only to advertise to Historical Fiction readers to keep my AB lists from being messed up. I find picking up a tiny number of readers from elsewhere is less beneficial than having ABs that help Amazon target the correct readers for me. But I have a couple of my AB lists that are frankly a bit nuts. Inspirational stories, novels in German and Spanish, and Russian brides? Seriously? Having one or two that are 'off' isn't surprising, but the entire Also Bought and Also Viewed lists are bizarre.

I just spent a week trying to fix it with a promotion campaign very carefully targetted and it still is full of what is frankly nonsense. There is no way people who buy those are readers of my novels. *boggle*

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082S9WD1P/

notthatamanda

Re: Anyone else having weird stuff on their AB lists?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 08:44:04 AM »
Mine look ok. WWII book has WWII books. Domestic thriller has domestic thriller. Romance has romance, even the rock star romance has a rock star romance in Also boughts.

What a pain. Sorry. Hope things are okay otherwise.

The following users thanked this post: JRTomlin

JRTomlin

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 10:00:05 AM »
Fine otherwise. Only two novels that have weird ABs. I've never had it happen before but I'm glad it isn't a general thing.

LilyBLily

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 11:23:12 AM »
My western romance also boughts are all western romances. That's better than I expected, TBH. Yours looks rather serious and literary.

JRTomlin

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 01:24:19 PM »
I'm not sure I'd consider Russian Brides or The Letters of the Devil very literary. 😜

They definitely don't relate to my genre. The worrying thing is that so far nothing I've done has changed them and I assure you they aren't the genre or comparables I've been advertising to. I can't say that I've ever run into this problem before or at any rate not to this extent.