Author Topic: Interesting. I got dinged for a spelling mistake before the book even releases.  (Read 1250 times)

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
Amazon just notified me of a 'typo' in a book currently in lockdown for release.

I thought these notifications came from people notifying them of mistakes.

Apparently not.

It wasn't a typo, but a genuine spelling error Word didn't pick up.

Is this normal to get dinged before a book is even out? Or something new?
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

LilyBLily

I thought it was part of the setup/previewing process.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
I thought it was part of the setup/previewing process.

I've never been dinged before the book was even out.

And most of my books have been dinged about something. Mostly long after they've been released. There's usually something wrong in every book, somewhere. Everyone's, not just mine.

I always thought they were reader triggered.

This 1 can't have been though.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

notthatamanda

I think my preorder just locked today, I'm not sure what time they do it.
I'll let you know if I get anything like that. It's entirely possible I will, I have a toddler in there and he has a couple of conversations.
Baff womb for bath room, for example.
I don't know what they expect you to do about it since they locked it.
Good luck on the release. May you get many orange tags.

angela

• Short Novel unlocked
  • Indie publishing since 2011. Still kickin'.
That's interesting. I also had assumed it was from reader reports.

If only we could get access to this AI pre-publication so we could use it as an extra proofread.

notthatamanda

Yeah, you could run it through that like you do on the previewer. That would make too much sense though.

Lu Kudzoza

I usually get a list of words (character names) that Amazon flags as misspellings when I upload a book. Haven't seen an email for spelling errors.

The following users thanked this post: Wonder

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
I usually get a list of words (character names) that Amazon flags as misspellings when I upload a book. Haven't seen an email for spelling errors.

I never get emails anymore. It showed up on my dashboard as needing attention.

notthatamanda

I kind of remember that now, not as an email. Which makes it odd because my book that is on preorder now has toddler speak in several chapters but it didn't pick up the misspellings.