Author Topic: Is Amazon down?  (Read 956 times)

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
Is Amazon down?
« on: July 12, 2021, 01:30:35 PM »
I was checking my books which hadn't had the paperback added properly, and all I get is an error message, and the bottom of page stuff.

Not only my own books, but other books as well.

Looks like the product part of Amazon has crashed.

Anyone else seeing this, or is it just me?

ETA: Happening in the Aus and UK stores as well.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 01:32:59 PM by TimothyEllis »
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

jaxonreed

Re: Is Amazon down?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2021, 01:32:44 PM »
I'm seeing it here in the States, too. I'm wondering if it has something to do with Vella going online. Vella will be adding a ton of new ASINs, all of which have been going to dog pages the last few days but are supposed to go live this week.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2021, 01:37:35 PM »
I'm seeing it here in the States, too. I'm wondering if it has something to do with Vella going online. Vella will be adding a ton of new ASINs, all of which have been going to dog pages the last few days but are supposed to go live this week.

Maybe Vella just overloaded the entire system and crashed their back end?

Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

alhawke

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2021, 01:40:29 PM »
Seems to be down.
During my promotion  :icon_eek:

jaxonreed

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2021, 01:41:02 PM »
I don't know. But it's Sunday night in Seattle, and if by "next week" for Vella they meant 12:01 am Monday morning Pacific Time, then it could be their web team is burning the midnight oil. :)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 01:56:33 PM by jaxonreed »

alhawke

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2021, 01:47:16 PM »
All I know is if it's not back up soon and Vella is to blame, Vella is my new favorite thing to hate.

jaxonreed

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2021, 02:03:33 PM »
Back up, from what I can tell, midnight Eastern time.

alhawke

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2021, 02:08:59 PM »
Back up in the States, Pacific. Gotta think it's Vella to shut the whole system worldwide off.

jaxonreed

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2021, 02:10:16 PM »
Could be. I'll be really interested to see if Vella goes live after midnight Pacific. My story is still going to a dog page.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2021, 02:26:06 PM »
Back up for me too.