Author Topic: Google Play sales numbers  (Read 308 times)

KelliWolfe

Google Play sales numbers
« on: April 24, 2021, 03:06:32 AM »
Anyone else seeing really weird changes in their numbers overnight?

Eric Thomson

Re: Google Play sales numbers
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 03:29:55 AM »
Define weird. My numbers are trending as they should at this point.

KelliWolfe

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 03:56:44 AM »
The sales in the moving 30 day window more than doubled overnight. I can't find anything in the sales stat details that would explain that big a jump.  For example, the US accounts for 63% of my sales and the UK for 16%, but those are only reported as being up 11% and 6% respectively, and the other geographies in the top 25 are all listed ad down. That's not remotely enough to account for the difference.

Lynn

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2021, 06:46:09 AM »
I noticed something weird yesterday. I noted that the exact same books that had sold earlier in the month had sold again. Basically, each title doubled its sales. It was easy for me to note because I haven't published anything in a year and sales reflect that at the moment. I suspect a glitch.

The downloaded report does not show the doubling of the numbers.
Don't rush me.

Tweek

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2021, 07:24:46 AM »
You made me check my past Google numbers. Didn't see any changes, but I have in the not so distant past.

The good news is that it's always been more sales. The bad news is sometimes they back date the allocation, so the top level numbers change and you can't work out where the bump occurred.

KelliWolfe

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2021, 07:34:45 AM »
I noticed something weird yesterday. I noted that the exact same books that had sold earlier in the month had sold again. Basically, each title doubled its sales. It was easy for me to note because I haven't published anything in a year and sales reflect that at the moment. I suspect a glitch.

The downloaded report does not show the doubling of the numbers.
Yeah, my sales graph for March is showing three times the number of sales as the earnings report. If I check the individual titles in the chart against the earnings report it's  exactly 3:1.  It's weird that the artifact doesn't show up in January or February, though. Oh, well. Goofy reports keep life interesting.