Author Topic: Kobo promotion results?  (Read 1844 times)

LilyBLily

Kobo promotion results?
« on: November 14, 2018, 12:38:07 AM »
I just did one of Kobo's 40% off promotions and sold 4 books. In the prior 40% off promotion, on a different title, I sold 2 books. Bearing in mind that neither of these titles have ever sold even 1 copy previously on Kobo, despite a BookBub CPC ad, what do you think of my results? These are both women's fiction titles.

notthatamanda

Re: Kobo promotion results?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 01:12:25 AM »
I envy them.  I think the most I've ever sold on a 40% off with Kobo is two.  And selling nothing has happened more than once.  I've only been fully wide since June.

APP

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 02:03:56 AM »
I've done several of the 40% promos with them. I sell a few books each time, but it has never resulted in any of my books selling outside the promo  :shrug

LilyBLily

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 02:17:14 AM »
I don't know whether to be depressed or elated. I think I'll OD on emojis.  :mhk9U91: :shrug :dizzy  :dizzy :dizzy Grin :icon_sad: :icon_question: :icon_question: :icon_question: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes: :HB :HB :HB :HB :HB :HB :HB :HB :HB :HB :HB :HB :HB :HB :HB :HB :HB :HB :HB :HB :HB :HB :HB :HB :HB :HB

liveswithbirds

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 04:47:46 AM »
Congratulations. Keep thinking positive. Next stop, Bookbub! :clap:

I've recently taken my small catalogue wide (romantic comedy & women's fic). So far, my freebie has had steady downloads -- in 10 countries on Kobo alone, which is pretty cool --  but paltry sell-through, especially compared to Amazon.

I got turned down for my first attempt at a Kobo promo (romance freebie). Still, I'm in it for the long haul and will keep trying, and keep celebrating those little victories!

Kate Elizabeth

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 05:38:38 AM »
I'm at the point with Kobo promotions, that anything more than zero is a win.  That being said, I think that the most I've ever sold of a single title in 40% off promo was 6.  It was priced at $9.99, so I was pleased.

Maggie Ann

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 06:24:55 AM »
A friend of mine keeps nudging me to go direct with Kobo because of the promos, but I don't see a whole lot of benefit from them. On the other hand, I'm on Kobo through D2D and I don't even get any freeloads from Kobo. I'm slowly building Apple and B&N but not Kobo. If I go direct, it will be for the freeloads and possible sell-thru and not the iffy promos.

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2018, 12:22:41 PM »
My results are consistent with the others in this thread.

I'd love to get traction there.  The interface is easy to use and the people who work in customer service are top notch.  I simply haven't discovered the magic formula yet.
v  v  v  v  v    Short Stories    v  v  v  v  v    vv FREE! vv

Genres: Science Fiction, Fantasy (some day) | Author Website