Author Topic: Amazon changing Ad platform again.  (Read 2629 times)

Marti Talbott

Amazon changing Ad platform again.
« on: August 01, 2019, 11:12:02 AM »
I really hate change, but then I'm at that age. Just when I think I know what I'm doing everything changes.

Look for the announcement where you look to see if anyone clicked on your ad - whatever we're calling that these days.
Read The Swindler, a historical romance available at:
Amazon, Apple, Google Play, Kobo & Nook
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08QG5K23

Maggie Ann

Re: Amazon changing Ad platform again.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 11:40:48 AM »
Are they just redesigning the layout or is there a more fundamental change to the way the ads work that I missed.

I haven't been on that page for quite a while and I like the layout they have now. Allowed me to see just how much money I lost on AMS ads.

notthatamanda

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 11:55:20 AM »
I see this:

Navigation Updates
Improvements to the advertising console navigation will be released soon. Learn more on the Amazon Advertising blog.

Okay, off to the blog I go.  But it says navigation.

Edit - https://advertising.amazon.com/blog/advertising-console-new-simplified-navigation

Best I can tell they moved the menu to the side from the top.  Apologies in advance to those of you who are going to be helping me find stuff when the change is implemented.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 11:58:10 AM by notthatamanda »

The following users thanked this post: Ghost5

notthatamanda

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 06:28:40 AM »
Looks like the navigation changes are live.  Reports are hidden in the little three horizontal lines on the top left.  Is there a name for that three line dohicky?

I noticed the report button was missing so I went looking for it.  Haven't noticed anything else strange yet, although it seems slower than usual.

Marti Talbott

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 06:35:58 AM »
Looks like the navigation changes are live.  Reports are hidden in the little three horizontal lines on the top left.  Is there a name for that three line dohicky?

I noticed the report button was missing so I went looking for it.  Haven't noticed anything else strange yet, although it seems slower than usual.
Dohicky sounds right to me. I don't see anything different either. Nope, I'm not seeing the changes they show in the blog. Might be too soon.

dgcasey

• Long Novel unlocked
  • Take my memories. I hope you got a big appetite.
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2019, 03:17:03 PM »
This really isn't that new. I've been using the beta reports for a couple of months now. I hardly ever look at the reports page on the KDP dashboard.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.
"The Tales of Garlan" title="The Tales of Garlan"
"Into The Wishing Well" title="Into The Wishing Well"
Dave's Amazon Author page | DGlennCasey.com | TheDailyPainter.com
I'm the Doctor by the way, what's your name? Rose. Nice to meet you, Rose. Run for your life!

Marti Talbott

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2019, 04:46:27 AM »
This really isn't that new. I've been using the beta reports for a couple of months now. I hardly ever look at the reports page on the KDP dashboard.

Yes, but I'm not convinced the beta is accurate. For me it is annoying too, because it won't let me see all my books. (over 50). When I used the search by book function, it always comes up zero when I know I've had sales. Like all the new stuff, I probably just need to understand it better.

If you are in KU, can you tell me if the estimated KU royalties are included in the total amount for the month? If so, the total doesn't seem to add up correctly. When I subtract the KU royalties shown in the beta, the total for the month is lower than the day before.

Total sales for the month on the day before: $371.73
 total the next day: $395.71 - KU royalty $28.06 = $367.65
I had 8 paid sales that day. What am I doing wrong?

Ghost5

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2019, 05:51:01 AM »
I think we're talking about two different things here. There's the KDP dashboard with its beta version (which has been available for a little while) and then there was the message at the top of the Amazon Advertising dashboard that indicated navigational changes were coming (are here, I think?). That message had a blog link that talked about the navigation changes on the ads dashboard.
 :catrun

Or maybe I'm confused as hell and am reading posts in this thread incorrectly. Anything is possible when I'm hurtling towards a deadline.

The following users thanked this post: Marti Talbott

notthatamanda

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2019, 12:52:00 PM »
I was talking about Amazon Advertising.

The following users thanked this post: Ghost5

Marti Talbott

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2019, 12:53:17 PM »
I was talking about Amazon Advertising.

My fault, I saw beta and got confused.