Author Topic: Guidelines for Service Providers  (Read 2332 times)

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
Guidelines for Service Providers
« on: September 23, 2018, 03:29:06 PM »
Service Providers may create a single promotion thread for their work.

Service Providers can post anything new to it at any time.

Service Providers may boost their thread once a week, but preferably with a new Original Post Heading each time. (To keep from always seeing the same thing all the time.)

Put the link to your thread in your signature so activity elsewhere will give people an easy way of finding your thread.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

The following users thanked this post: WriteOn, Dustin Porta

Dustin Porta

Re: Guidelines for Service Providers
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 12:01:04 PM »
About the recommendation that we create a new headline each time.
I might be wrong but...
I wonder if it should be the other way around. Keep the same title, so authors don't get tricked into re-reading the same old pitch, and if someone likes your service they can go back and find it more easily. I change mine occasionally but not every week.
Good suggestion about the link in sig. Why did I never do that before?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 12:06:56 PM by Blerg et al. »
Have I mentioned I edit books?
Dustin's Developmental Beta Reading

The following users thanked this post: ElizaDee

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
Re: Guidelines for Service Providers
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 12:08:19 PM »
About the recommendation that we create a new headline each time.
I might be wrong but
 I wonder if it should be the other way around. Keep the same title, so author's don't get tricked into re-reading the same old pitch, and if someone likes your service they can go back and find it more easily. I change mine occasionally but not every week.
Good suggestion about the link in sig. Why did I never do that before?

It depends on what your heading is I guess.

Back on KB, I used to find I blanked out threads I saw continually, where the one photographer doing model shots who changed the title every single post to reflect the new shots, I clicked on every time.

Its comes too from author promo posts on KB, where the same books would be rebooted every week all at the same time, and it got puke worthy at times. No offense to the authors doing it if they're here, but I got so sick of it, the mods gave me a way of avoiding seeing them completely. So here I'd rather put in place a guideline which tries to keep things interesting.

At the same time though, if you're not rebooting regularly, I'll probably never notice if the heading got changed or not.  grint 
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.