Author Topic: Anyone used Atticus for print editions?  (Read 118 times)

Lynn

Anyone used Atticus for print editions?
« on: September 27, 2021, 03:50:42 AM »
I'm about to buy this (Atticus), and I was wondering if anyone here has been using it for print editions?

That's the sole reason I'm interested. I already have a good system for my ebooks, and I don't have any reason to change that unless I like Atticus enough for print that it makes sense to try it for my ebooks too.

I wasn't that interested until they came out with the custom theme builder. That's exactly what I want, since I already have "themes" I created for myself to use in Word for each of my series.

Anyway, I'd be really interested to know if you've used it and think it's been helpful with your print books.

Don't rush me.

idontknowyet

Re: Anyone used Atticus for print editions?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2021, 08:38:17 AM »
I've been happy with amazons kindle create so i haven't tried atticus.

I'd probably try amazon to create my pb first before buying a program.

Lynn

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2021, 09:33:00 AM »
I think Kindle Create is nice, if you don't mind the in-built themes. I have my own themes that I use for my series that use chapter images and my own fonts, plus I have a certain way I like the page numbering and headers to look. So it doesn't work for me. But if not for that, I'd be pretty happy with it.
Don't rush me.

j tanner

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2021, 11:48:06 AM »
They're charging for a BETA?

(I haven't tried it because of that BETA tag. InDesign is kind of high learning curve and always a little clunky. Scrivener is almost unusable in my experience. So I'd be open to a PC "Vellum" that's more of an Easy Button(tm) than what I have now. )

idontknowyet

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2021, 01:28:41 PM »
Its a discounted price. Like half of what they plan for full version i think and you get a forever license.