Author Topic: Another crazy marketing idea for my book, McShane's Bride  (Read 418 times)

Marti Talbott

Another crazy marketing idea for my book, McShane's Bride
« on: January 10, 2022, 04:37:21 AM »
McShane's Bride is based on an actual 1909 head-op train wreck between a passenger and freight train, that happened in a place called Dotsero which located between Glenwood Springs and Eagle, Colorado.

A small community at the time, Dotsero is mostly deserted now although it is not far from an inactive volcano that does attract hikers in the summer. The state built Interstate 70 over the old railroad tracks, although they are still visible in sporadic places. However, there is a truck stop area, but no stores, etc.

I had a brainstorm last week thinking that there is nothing there to commemorate the twenty plus people who died that night, or the people who did all they could to rescue the injured. So I sent an email to the Eagle County Commissioners suggesting some sort of monument that could be constructed in the truck stop area.

The commissioner's assistant didn't know about the event, is thrilled with the idea and "possibly" bought a copy of the book from Apple that day. She plans to notify the three person commissioners tomorrow. We'll see what happens.

Meanwhile, since the book is about Colorado history, I sent a promo email to every bookstore and gift shop in Colorado - the whole state! One located locally suggested a book signing. I've never done one, pointed out a few possible issues we may have including covid, etc., and haven't heard back. I'm not really into public appearances. Sigh, I may be shooting myself in the foot because of it.
Read The Swindler, a historical romance available at:
Amazon, Apple, Google Play, Kobo & Nook
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08QG5K23

Lynn

Re: Another crazy marketing idea for my book, McShane's Bride
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 04:44:26 AM »
Very cool ideas! :)
Don't rush me.

The following users thanked this post: Marti Talbott