Author Topic: Getting books onto ebooks.com  (Read 695 times)

Lynn

Getting books onto ebooks.com
« on: January 11, 2022, 09:15:03 AM »
It looks like the only place that can get you into ebooks.com is Lulu, IngramSpark, and iUniverse. I don't use any of them, but I'm sort of interested in getting onto ebooks.com. I used to run a website that sent book buyers to ebooks.com and they converted decently for me as an affiliate, so I suspect they can sell a book.

Anyway, I'm not willing to pay to get there so IngramSpark is out. What about the other two: Lulu and iUniverse? Any gotchas to watch out for?
Don't rush me.

The following users thanked this post: idontknowyet

R. C.

• Epic Novel unlocked
  • "Sooner barbarity than boredom." - T. Gautier
    • R C Ducantlin - Writer of Stories
Re: Getting books onto ebooks.com
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2022, 10:43:19 AM »
It has been a few months, but I have used Lulu to print and had a good experience. I can't speak to the other options but their customer service was very good.

R.C.

The following users thanked this post: Lynn, idontknowyet

LilyBLily

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2022, 01:28:13 PM »
No idea about the others doing ebooks. Their print books are often priced tragically high, so I'm not convinced they give indie authors a fair break or even good advice.

You could look for an Ingram discount code. Various indie publishing associations offer them as part of membership. Or you could pay to join Craig Martelle's 20booksto50k conference and get free codes.

Lynn

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2022, 02:23:35 PM »
No idea about the others doing ebooks. Their print books are often priced tragically high, so I'm not convinced they give indie authors a fair break or even good advice.

You could look for an Ingram discount code. Various indie publishing associations offer them as part of membership. Or you could pay to join Craig Martelle's 20booksto50k conference and get free codes.

Not worth paying. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't sell enough additional books through the service to pay for the fees and the time spent dealing with IngramSpark so it's already off the table. I wouldn't learn it for hardbacks back before KDP did them, and I'm definitely not learning it just to get an ebook onto a small retailer.

I was just hoping for an easy in, using a distributor that doesn't charge upfront fees, where I could upload my ebooks and be done with it. I'm definitely not interested in joining any organizations just to get codes, and I don't do facebook and plan to keep it that way. :)
Don't rush me.