Author Topic: Paranormal Romance Blog Tour 2018 Oct. 22-26: Up and Running!  (Read 4172 times)

Tiffmeister

Paranormal Romance Blog Tour 2018 Oct. 22-26: Up and Running!
« on: September 21, 2018, 09:03:14 AM »
So, in spite of the last few days, I was planning on getting the 4th Annual Paranormal Romance Blog Tour thread started. I'm going to keep it simple.

• Authors signing up will be assigned a day and have one featured book.
  • Each author will be interviewed by me, and have a featured book on a specific day. I will post their interview on my blog, which will be the hub for the blog tour.
  • If you'd like to do an optional blog post on your blog/website to get traffic to come to your site, you can do an additional blog post by blogging about behind the scenes for your featured book or other post ideas. If you have ??s, just ask.

I have cut out the book review swap between authors, because it just has seemed confusing to everyone. If however, you'd like to review one of the featured books for an optional blog post for the tour, let me know. I'll link you up with one of the other authors to get a review copy.

Here are links to past tour posts and the main blog tour page to check out the promo:
https://marilynvix.com/paranormal-blog-tour-2018/
https://marilynvix.com/2017/10/23/paranormal-blog-tour-2017-day-1/
https://marilynvix.com/2017/10/26/paranormal-romance-blog-tour-2017-day-4/

SO, I guess it is also not a secret that I ran the Back to School Tour that just happened last week. So, Marilyn Vix is my romance pen name. And I have to say, the Back to School Blog Tour went fantastically well this year. SO, I have high hopes for the paranormal romance blog tour. Spread the word about his blog tour.

So, here is what I would need from each participating author:

Author Name:
Book to Feature:
(If any promos during those dates, let me know)
Blog URL:
Email: (To send to partnered author to review your book)
Bio pic:
Bio(If you have a write up):

***I'll be posting updates on author sign-ups to the thread. I've got 10 slots open (2 authors a day), and they go fast. In past years, this has done really well as an event since it is tied to Halloween.

Thus, this gives us a few weeks to read each others books. Plus, there are only about 5-6 interview questions. I will send those to you when you sign up. You can email me or PM the answers. Then, I'll put together the interview and post it on my blog.

I want to do giveaways separately this year, and have a list of giveaways and discounts. This went well for the Back to School Blog Tour. All you'll need to do is set up the giveaway, ie rafflecopter or some other host site, and send me the link.
It can be posted on everyone's website. If I have people interested in giving away their book, I can add their books to the giveaway. I'd just need a pic of the cover. Plus, putting your book on sale is NOT REQUIRED. But if you'd like to offer your featured book for a discount, I will totally mention it on your featured day and in the wrap up on Friday.

So, that's about it. No, I don't charge for this, but first come, first sign up basis for the tour. If you'd like to do this, plus get to read another author's paranormal romance to review, please let me know.

If you have ANY questions or aren't sure on how to do a step or giveaway, I can help. Just send me a PM.

Here's to making this year a fabulous event!
 :banana-riding-llama-smiley-em
-Marilyn
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 04:05:08 PM by Tiffmeister »

Nom de Plume

Re: Paranormal Romance Blog Tour 2018 Oct. 22-26: Starting to Take Sign-Ups
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 05:52:39 AM »
Sent you a message.   Grin
"When I had to write it, then it would be the only thing to do and there would be no choice." -Hemingway

The following users thanked this post: Tiffmeister

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 06:18:49 AM »
Wish I had a new book finished.  Last year was fun!

Author of Romance, Fantasy, Fairytales, Mystery & Suspense, and Historical Non-Fiction @ Lavender Cottage Books

Tiffmeister

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 04:15:39 AM »

You don't have any other paranormal romances????
And of course, you're welcome to post about the blog tour on your blog as it is going on.  :banana:
Any spreading the word is always appreciated too. ;-)
-Tiff
(Weird to be saying my name. I'm used to signing Marilyn)

Tiffmeister

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 04:16:38 AM »
Sent you a message.   Grin
Got you down. You're in.  :Tup4a:

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 11:25:44 AM »

And of course, you're welcome to post about the blog tour on your blog as it is going on.  :banana:
-Tiff

No, I got caught up in my Halloween series.  It's not really paranormal, but they do inherit a mansion filled with secret rooms and their ancestors may be witches...would you consider that paranormal?  I'm thinking more chick lit with magical elements.

:catrun

ETA:  Happy to advertise on my website for you!  And it is odd not seeing Marilyn. LOL

Author of Romance, Fantasy, Fairytales, Mystery & Suspense, and Historical Non-Fiction @ Lavender Cottage Books

Tiffmeister

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2018, 03:04:49 PM »

-Tiff

No, I got caught up in my Halloween series.  It's not really paranormal, but they do inherit a mansion filled with secret rooms and their ancestors may be witches...would you consider that paranormal?  I'm thinking more chick lit with magical elements.

ETA:  Happy to advertise on my website for you!  And it is odd not seeing Marilyn. LOL

If there is romance, I think I can squeeze you in. Sounds like a magical mystery with witches tie-in. I'm guessing chick-lit style romance? Paranormal twist? It does sound interesting. Please send me a PM with info.

And yes, I combined my children's book and Marilyn Vix's accounts together. I might have to separate again I guess. But I thought I'd just move over with one account for now. The whole KB implosion has had unfortunate timing. I've had a children's book release and October is huge for my paranormal romances. I've been sad about everything that has happened the last couple of weeks.

But  :ws is giving me hope.  grint

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 02:57:25 AM »
Thank you!

Tiffmeister

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 04:04:49 PM »
Okay folks. I've got to the end of the week to get some more sign-ups. I've got 3 more slots open. Hoping to get these filled. I've also noticed that I'm going to let people know on KB that I'm over here now, and that might help too. It's not too late to join up!
-Marilyn (IE Tiffmeister)

MelanieMRodriguez

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2018, 09:09:15 PM »
I would like to join! I am currently republishing my books and starting over, so I need to find the exact book I want and move it up front I guess.:) Will email you details.

Tiffmeister

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2018, 05:54:56 AM »
I would like to join! I am currently republishing my books and starting over, so I need to find the exact book I want and move it up front I guess.:) Will email you details.

Got you on the list.
So, here is the current participating list of authors. I'll be sending you info in the next few days, since this all starts next week. I'll be assigning days (usually in order signing up), making up the graphic, and you can start doing "Coming Soon" posts.

AND I STILL HAVE ROOM FOR TWO MORE AUTHORS!

I will have to close it off by end of the week, but if I had five authors, that would be AWESOME!

Here's the CURRENT LIST of Authors:
1)   Parker de Vesci
2)   Lori Moulton
3)   Serena Walken

:catrun Just a few more days until I'll have to close up sign ups. Please send a PM or post on thread you are interested.
To all the participating authors, glad to have you on board.
-Tiff (Marilyn Vix)

The following users thanked this post: Lorri Moulton

Tiffmeister

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2018, 02:53:07 PM »
Got one more sign up. So, now the participating authors looks like this:
Official list of Participating to Post:
1)   Parker de Vesci
2)   Lori Moulton
3)   Serena Walken
4)     Lynda Belle

So, I can squeeze in one more sign up. Just let me know in the thread or PM me.
For a look at the "Coming soon" post on my blog and the banner, here is the link on my blog.
https://marilynvix.com/2018/10/17/next-week-the-2018-5th-annual-paranormal-blog-tour-begins/

I'm going to be sending out info letters to the participating authors so far signed up. If you have questions, just let me know.
-Marilyn (Tiffmeister)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 03:04:40 PM by Tiffmeister »

Tiffmeister

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2018, 05:10:27 AM »
So, I've started putting together rough drafts for the interviews. I'm almost done with Parker's.
Just some heads ups:

I'm going to be listing any discounts or giveaways for an author's book during your feature day. I think that will get people to come back each day for goodies for each other as opposed to having a master list the first day. So, if you haven't done one, you still have time.

A lot of us use rafflecopter.com for giveaways. If you need help with that, let me know.

Sending me the answers to interview questions as a PM is working. Plus, I can use an optional author bio pic for each author. I think it would work as an attachment in a PM. If not, send me PM for email address.

If it is easier to email everything, send me a PM and I'll give you my email address. I don't want to post my email address here.

We're looking good for the tour, and I'm excited about it starting next week.

IF you'd like to use the banner, here it is. Plus, it's also at this post on my blog:
https://marilynvix.com/2018/10/17/next-week-the-2018-5th-annual-paranormal-blog-tour-begins/

IF anyone else would like to give a shout out about the tour on their blog, feel free to use the banner. And thanks for your support.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 05:13:30 AM by Tiffmeister »

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2018, 09:28:31 AM »
Marilyn, I decided to make my book FREE Tuesday-Saturday.  I'll send over any other info you need tomorrow.  Thanks again for doing all this!

Tiffmeister

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2018, 04:04:50 PM »
Just as an update:
I have just posted the first author interview in the blog tour. Read all about Parker de Vesci at the link below.
https://marilynvix.com/2018/10/22/day-1-2018-paranormal-romance-blog-tour/

I'm working on yours tomorrow Lorri. Thank you so much for putting your featured book on discount. I will let you know if I need any more info.

So folks, the blog tour is under way. Hope you can join in the fun. Take a look. If you'd like to spread the news about the blog tour, feel free to use the banner and link to:
http://marilynvix.com.

Happy Halloween!  :catrun
-Tiff/Marilyn

Tiffmeister

Re: Paranormal Romance Blog Tour 2018 Oct. 22-26: Up and Running!
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2018, 02:44:41 PM »
Okay, the second day is up with Lorri Moulton's interview. Thank you Lorri for making your book FREE for the whole promo!
Here is the the link for those that would like to check out what we've put together. Indie PNR authors working together.  :banana-riding-llama-smiley-em

https://marilynvix.com/2018/10/23/day-2-paranormal-romance-blog-tour-2018/

:clap:

-Tiffmeister/Marilyn Vix

The following users thanked this post: Lorri Moulton

Tiffmeister

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2018, 03:11:09 PM »
Just put up the third day post for the blog tour. Thank you to Serena Spacey for joining up for the tour.
You can read all about her new release and her interview at the link below.
https://marilynvix.com/2018/10/24/day-3-paranormal-romance-blog-tour-2018/

I wasn't sure how this was going to go since I've had to move operations from KB to our new Indie Home of the  :ws
But it's shaped pretty well into a decent reach out for all of the PNR Indie authors. So, thank you all for your help in spreading the word and joining up. Keep checking out the posts. Maybe pick up a book with a discount or for free. Deals going on too. ;-)

-Tiff/Marilyn

Tiffmeister

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2018, 02:50:08 PM »
Got the last author interview up tonight for Thursday. Lynda Belle is the featured author. So, check her out and give her love and support.  grint

Here is Day 4 link for the blog tour:
https://marilynvix.com/2018/10/25/day-4-paranormal-romance-blog-tour-2018/

Meanwhile, I'm getting good feedback on stats and downloads from participating authors. Good to hear you're getting traffic and downloads. Hoping you'll get some new followers too.  :clap: Here's my thanks to you all for making this a great PNR promo.
-Tiff/Marilyn Vix

The following users thanked this post: Lorri Moulton, lyndabelle

lyndabelle

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2018, 01:14:25 PM »
Got the last author interview up tonight for Thursday. Lynda Belle is the featured author. So, check her out and give her love and support.  grint

Here is Day 4 link for the blog tour:
https://marilynvix.com/2018/10/25/day-4-paranormal-romance-blog-tour-2018/

Meanwhile, I'm getting good feedback on stats and downloads from participating authors. Good to hear you're getting traffic and downloads. Hoping you'll get some new followers too.  :clap: Here's my thanks to you all for making this a great PNR promo.
-Tiff/Marilyn Vix

Thanks for letting me be a part of this.  :clap: You are a rock star, Marilyn!
-Lynda

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2018, 01:02:41 AM »
Marilyn, Tuesday was a great day and we got up to #4 in Free Holiday books so thank you!!!

I realized last night this is my last free KU day for my book until after Christmas and I always have one FREE day where everything is free for my social media followers during the holidays...so this is it.  Thanks again and I hope people enjoy our Halloween book and try my other ones!   :cheers

MelanieMRodriguez

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2018, 04:23:29 AM »
Thanks a bunch, Marilyn! This was a super fun tour and it was fun sharing Halloween memories. :cool:

Tiffmeister

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2018, 07:03:16 AM »
Thanks a bunch, Marilyn! This was a super fun tour and it was fun sharing Halloween memories. :cool:
You're very welcome. I think it was a pretty successful tour. The moving to this board to organize it all has helped to keep my annual promo going. Thank goodness we had a safe and secure place to get all the info organized. I just don't trust KB anymore.

I've also posted the last post with a recap of all the book giveaways and discounts going on with the featured books.

:clap: And I want to thank all the participating authors and everyone that helped spread the word. With all the Zon changes too in recategorizing, I've lost the ability to advertise my spicy paranormal on AMS too. So, I've had a double blow during one of my biggest sale months. But, you know, Indies just pick themselves up and keep going. So, this promo helped keep some stats happening. And we can build the community again. Doing promos like this will help do that.

Here is the last post for anyone that would like to pick up one of the fabulous authors' books:
https://marilynvix.com/2018/10/26/day-5-paranormal-romance-blog-tour-2018/

:banana-riding-llama-smiley-em It's been a great tour! Until next year, -Marilyn Vix

The following users thanked this post: Lorri Moulton, MelanieMRodriguez

lyndabelle

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2018, 04:15:30 AM »
Thanks for organizing all this Tiffmeister. It was great timing to go along with my own promotions to have this one kind of kick off the deals. Be nice if I could coordinate another one in the future. People like free and discounted stuff to try out a new author.  :goodpost:
-Lynda