Author Topic: Mail Chimp - can you have more than one sign up form for the same list?  (Read 1097 times)

Lysmata Debelius

Is it possible to have more than one signup form for a single list in Mailchimp?

For example, have one form that's just the standard signup, and another form that triggers a welcome email with a link to a free ebook download?

From the reading around I've done it looks like I'll have to create a separate list for the free book give-away. Is that correct?

Lex

Re: Mail Chimp - can you have more than one sign up form for the same list?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 12:28:47 AM »
The short answer is no.
The long answer is, yes but...

You have to use embedded forms, and you have to edit some HTML (or if you have a Wordpress site, you can get out of the HTML editing by using a plugin. I use "Easy Forms for Mailchimp.")

Here's a MC help page that explains how to do it: https://mailchimp.com/help/determine-webpage-signup-location/?&_ga=1.250466117.290251718.1487777734

Once you have the different sign up pages organized into groups, you can set one group to receive the automated welcome email.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 12:31:31 AM by Lex »

The following users thanked this post: Lysmata Debelius

Lysmata Debelius

Re: Mail Chimp - can you have more than one sign up form for the same list?
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 12:32:07 AM »
Thanks!
I had a look at that page.
I think for the moment, it might make more sense for me to have a separate list. Still have to think it through.