Author Topic: Please don't PM spam. Report any occurrences please.  (Read 1712 times)

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
Please don't PM spam. Report any occurrences please.
« on: September 17, 2019, 12:37:16 AM »
It's come to my attention there is spam being sent to members using private messages.

If you receive anything you consider spam from another member, please copy it to me for my attention.

Spam is the only thing deleted from the forum on sight, and while I cannot police PM's, I will terminate the member sending spam once identified.

The offending message which sparked this was about bitcoin. But regardless of the topic, if you get unsolicited material from another member, report it to me please for investigation and action.

Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

The following users thanked this post: R. C., David VanDyke

She-la-te-da

Re: Please don't PM spam. Report any occurrences please.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 10:42:53 AM »
I got it, not sure how to send it to you, or if I need to at this point. It seems to have been sent to a lot of folks.
I write various flavors of speculative fiction. This is my main pen name.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
Re: Please don't PM spam. Report any occurrences please.
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 11:59:17 AM »
The bitcoin spammer was ejected. Seems to have been only 1 at this stage.

But if it happens again, let me know who, and just cut and paste their message into a pm to me.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.