Author Topic: Part of a back list in KU?  (Read 1277 times)

JRTomlin

Part of a back list in KU?
« on: December 05, 2019, 04:40:49 PM »
I am thinking about putting my mystery serious BACK into KU because so many mysteries do well there and it is selling the least wide. The rest of my list does well enough wide to justify staying wide and HF is really not a big seller in KU.  But I wonder if it annoys KU readers if only part of your backlist is in KU.

Any thoughts?

j tanner

Re: Part of a back list in KU?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 06:04:54 PM »
Within a series, world, genre. Maybe.

A completely different genre? It's got to be minimal.

Simon Haynes

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 06:57:17 PM »
I would say go for it. One series in and another out shouldn't annoy anyone.

I mean, the only people it would upset is people who might have bought the earlier books wide and now can't get them.

LilyBLily

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 10:45:50 PM »
There is far less crossover between our genres than we would wish. I've never yet had a complaint that some of my books are not in KU. Almost half aren't.     

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 02:42:15 AM »
Any part of a series not in KU, don't. You will get reviewed badly for the missing books.

Part of a multi-series universe not in KU, probably the same.

Back catalogue of other things not related to what is in KU, probably no problem.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Legacy series on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

JRTomlin

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2019, 04:57:17 AM »
I'm not sure that they are totally not related. Readers of medieval historical fiction are possibly an odd lot. Bookbub, for example, insists on running my historical mysteries as historical fiction because - medieval. 🤷

I'm going to have to take some time to think it over.

Lorri Moulton

• Epic Novel unlocked
  • Author of Romance, Fantasy, Mystery, and Suspense
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2019, 06:47:21 AM »
After looking at the series, it might be a good fit for KU.  Whatever you decide, best of luck and happy holidays!

Author of Romance, Fantasy, Mystery, Suspense and Historical Non-Fiction.

JRTomlin

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2019, 07:11:06 AM »
Thanks. There are quite a few historical mysteries in KU, so it might be a good fit. My only hesitation is that it might annoy my followers on other platforms. Still thinking it over.