Author Topic: Has kdp gone nuts, or have I?  (Read 1006 times)

Doglover

Has kdp gone nuts, or have I?
« on: January 19, 2020, 01:13:10 AM »
I haven't published anything for almost a year. Today I went to upload my paperback as I always do, paperback formatted via my usual template, pdf wraparound made in Photoshop. First it wouldn't take my cover, kept giving me an error exclamation mark but didn't say what was wrong with it. So, I thought I'd try downloading a new cover template from Bookow who I always use only to find everything's gone black and white. Next I tried using the cover creator, only to be told my manuscript had only one page. It's got over 300. Then I scrolled up and found the manuscript upload, that said it was successful, had now changed and was telling me I only had one page. I managed to do it, but only by changing to pdf when I've always uploaded a word doc. It's been driving me nuts all day and I still haven't finished.

Now, I ask, what international link does everyone use? You know, the thing that directs people to their own site?

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
  • Tickling the imagination one book at a time
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
Re: Has kdp gone nuts, or have I?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 02:10:54 AM »
I haven't published anything for almost a year. Today I went to upload my paperback as I always do, paperback formatted via my usual template, pdf wraparound made in Photoshop. First it wouldn't take my cover, kept giving me an error exclamation mark but didn't say what was wrong with it. So, I thought I'd try downloading a new cover template from Bookow who I always use only to find everything's gone black and white. Next I tried using the cover creator, only to be told my manuscript had only one page. It's got over 300. Then I scrolled up and found the manuscript upload, that said it was successful, had now changed and was telling me I only had one page. I managed to do it, but only by changing to pdf when I've always uploaded a word doc. It's been driving me nuts all day and I still haven't finished.

Now, I ask, what international link does everyone use? You know, the thing that directs people to their own site?
Even before I read the post, I figured it was KDP rather than you that was crazy.

Perhaps others will report similar experiences.

For links that direct users to the correct Amazon store, I use D2D universal links. (If you're wide, those can also be used to redirect users to the storefront of their choice.) You don't have to distribute through D2D to use them.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter