Author Topic: 1099 from GP  (Read 1296 times)

guest78

1099 from GP
« on: February 10, 2020, 08:13:54 AM »
I made coffee money on GP last year, but do I still get a 1099?

Lynn

Re: 1099 from GP
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 08:17:02 AM »
Only if you made more than $10.
Don't rush me.

twicebitten

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 09:38:05 AM »
I haven't. I didn't last year. I had to google how to beg for one, and I begged for one. I'm not sure how they get away with this.  It's another exhausting piece of BS on my admin list, and honestly, I don't see why I need to. Shouldn't they be compelled by law to send me one via email or snail mail?

I'll never return to GP. Its far too much hassle for far too few pesos.

guest78

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 11:21:03 PM »
I haven't. I didn't last year. I had to google how to beg for one, and I begged for one. I'm not sure how they get away with this.  It's another exhausting piece of BS on my admin list, and honestly, I don't see why I need to. Shouldn't they be compelled by law to send me one via email or snail mail?

I'll never return to GP. Its far too much hassle for far too few pesos.

Yeah. You shouldn't have to beg or jump through hoops to get one. Stupid.

LilyBLily

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 01:23:21 AM »
If Google Play hasn't paid you $600 or more in the year, it probably does not have to issue a 1099 for you. There may be some wrinkles for online bookstore venues I don't know about, but we also as business owners do not have to issue 1099s to our suppliers if (a) we didn't pay them $600 in the year, or (b) we paid them via a third-party payer such as PayPal or a credit card.

Oh, right. This isn't tax advice.

Lynn

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 01:41:43 AM »
GP lists payment amounts in the royalties box and the requirements for filing those is a mere $10. But if you're including adsense income, they list that in the nonemployee compensation / contract labor box and they only have to send that if it's $600. :D
Don't rush me.

Marti Talbott

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2020, 10:23:56 AM »
Google is based in Ireland (a tax thing, don't you know) and I don't think they are bound to obey US tax laws although they do collect individual state sales tax. Kobo is not required to send 1099s because they're in Canada.

The question is, do they submits 1099s to the IRS? That, I don't know because all my income goes to my business, and I use my bank account to verify income. If you file a personal tax form, you could try running it through something like turbo tax to see if they pull up a copy when they figure your income. Don't listen to me, but I think they might have access to your IRS documents.

Read The Swindler, a historical romance available at:
Amazon, Apple, Google Play, Kobo & Nook
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08QG5K23