Author Topic: Best payment method for Australians using FindawayVoices?  (Read 136 times)

baldricko

Best payment method for Australians using FindawayVoices?
« on: December 19, 2023, 02:24:36 PM »
Which of these best serves Australians?
Local Bank Transfer? I was thinking I could use Payoneer? Is anyone doing that?
Wire Transfer?
Paypal? Fees tend to be expensive though.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
Re: Best payment method for Australians using FindawayVoices?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2023, 02:31:05 PM »
Don't use wire transfer.

They go through National Bank if I remember rightly, and they used to charge $25 a time for the transfer. If you didn't have an account with the bank, you didn't get an invoice for that, and without an invoice or a line item on a statement, you can't claim it on your tax. It just vanishes as the money moves between banks.

That's why I moved to Payoneer.

But Payoneer upped it's fees recently too, and that's becoming expensive as well. They charge you on the way in, and on the way out now.

So it's not as good as it used to be. The only real reason I'm not doing EFT direct into my AUS account is I need to pay a co-author in US$, and that is easier through Payoneer.

I've not used Paypal for a long time, so not sure what the fees are like there now.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

The following users thanked this post: baldricko

baldricko

Re: Best payment method for Australians using FindawayVoices?
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2023, 03:41:20 PM »
I went with 'local bank transfer'.

I was wondering if I ought not to be going through Payoneer instead. Might switch it to Payoneer.