Author Topic: Arrowhead Editing (Proofreading & Line Editing)  (Read 1786 times)

Arrowhead Editing

• Tag Line unlocked
Arrowhead Editing (Proofreading & Line Editing)
« on: November 17, 2018, 11:00:51 AM »
My name is Elizabeth, and I'm a full-time editor. I've had the pleasure of editing and proofreading the manuscripts of several KBoard members over the last three years, including some best sellers!

Arrowhead Editing focuses on the sentence-level editing of final draft manuscripts.

My services include:

Proofread
0.005 to 0.01 / word (or $50 to $100 per 10k words)
Take 10% off as a follow-up to a line edit

Line Edit
0.01 to 0.015 / word (or $100 to $150 per 10K words)

The average cost of a proofread is 0.006/word.
The average cost of a line edit is 0.013/word.

NEW CLIENTS: Receive a flat rate of 0.01/word for a line edit of one book.

Genres I have edited:
Cozy Mysteries
Superhero
YA Urban Fantasy
Historical Fantasy
High Fantasy
Paranormal Romance
Mysteries
Spy Thrillers
Science Fiction
Space Operas
Horror
Techno-Thriller
Contemporary Romance
Post-Apocalyptic
Alien Invasion
And more!

My strengths are in smoothing out sentences, ensuring consistency in spelling, names, and style, fixing grammatical errors both basic and advanced, catching repetitions, flagging inaccurate or anachronistic wording, and catching missing words and typos. I have been praised for my attention to detail and thorough edits.

I follow the Chicago Manual of Style and use both the New Oxford American Dictionary and the Merriam-Webster Dictionary. I am familiar with American and British spelling.

I use Microsoft Word's track changes and comment features. I also use Scrivener, though I prefer Word for editing.

I have studied creative writing & history at university, and I earned a degree in Broadcasting & Film.

Want to know whether I'm the right editor for your manuscript? Send a 1000-word sample that best reflects the overall condition of your manuscript to arrowheadediting[at]gmail[dot]com and I'll have the edited sample back to you within 48 hours (weekends not included).

For more information, including a detailed breakdown of the services I offer and my availability, please visit my website: www.arrowheadediting.com

You can also hire me through Reedsy!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to PM me, email me, or post here!

Thank you for reading my post and I hope to work with you soon!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 04:56:51 AM by Arrowhead Editing »

Arrowhead Editing

• Tag Line unlocked
Re: Arrowhead Editing (Proofreading + Line Editing)
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 05:13:07 AM »
My first availability in 2020 is Monday, February 24.

NEW CLIENTS: Receive a flat rate of 0.01/word for a line edit of one book.

For more information, including a detailed breakdown of the services I offer and my availability, you can visit my website: www.arrowheadediting.com

I do offer a sample edit of 1000 words, and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me!

I'm looking forward to working with you :)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 04:56:16 AM by Arrowhead Editing »