Author Topic: So, so, very bad...  (Read 942 times)

R. C.

• Epic Novel unlocked
  • "Sooner barbarity than boredom." - T. Gautier
    • R C Ducantlin - Writer of Stories
So, so, very bad...
« on: March 19, 2022, 01:50:43 AM »
Companies wonder why people hate their outsourced support. Here is a REAL example of a support MS person asking me a question.

"May I know how much the amount that exceeds on your account so that I may check?"

R.C.

LilyBLily

Re: So, so, very bad...
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2022, 04:42:42 AM »
I doubt companies wonder. The real question is do they check to make sure they are getting the level of competence they paid for.

The following users thanked this post: R. C.

PJ Post

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2022, 09:45:54 PM »
We're all doomed.

The following users thanked this post: R. C., maiasepp

angela

• Short Novel unlocked
  • Indie publishing since 2011. Still kickin'.
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2022, 01:09:29 AM »
Contrast this thread (people at the bottom are incompetent) with the other thread about grumblings in New York, in which the underlings complain that people at the top are incompetent and/or lazy or greedy/lucky to have been born in a different generation.

What is it? Are only the people in the middle any good?

Everybody wants to earn a living doing something fun, interesting, ethical and useful for society, but there's a lot of competition because it's what everyone wants. Is it possible the real money is only in evil? Only money in driving your underlings to an early grave or building a monopoly and then screwing everyone beneath you?

*wipes hands*

There ya go. I've solved everything.

The following users thanked this post: R. C., Anarchist, LilyBLily, maiasepp, Jackie

idontknowyet

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2022, 01:59:38 AM »
By nature there can only be so many leaders. The rest of us need to be workers.

The problem today is leaders treating workers like indentured servants or minions. A fairs days wage for a days work would go a long way to stop the grumbling. But when companies cut workers pay to give top level execs yet another raise it's a hard pill to swallow for anyone.

More and more often I see companies choosing to go with worse customer service because they can get away with paying less. When it changes their bottom line then they might make some changes.

The following users thanked this post: R. C., mk31333

Hopscotch

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2022, 03:25:52 AM »
More and more often I see companies choosing to go with worse customer service because they can get away with paying less.

Agree!  What espec annoys me is companies using tech to offload their work onto customers and calling that improved customer service.  I hate "chatting" w/robots.  But might be persuaded to tinker w/a warp drive if you lend me the right gadget.
. .

Fiction & pizza recipes @ stevenhardesty.com + nonfiction @ forgottenwarstories.com

The following users thanked this post: R. C.