Author Topic: What movie did you recently watch?  (Read 109455 times)

Anarchist

Re: What movie did you recently watch?
« Reply #150 on: November 03, 2018, 03:02:17 AM »
Next up...

I laughed all the way through.

Rating: 9/10

I feel odd recommending comedy because tastes vary. But if you enjoy vampires and your comedic preferences are slightly off-center, check this one out.

What We Do In The Shadows is currently on Amazon Prime.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to fully satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics.” – Thomas Sowell

"The State is an institution run by gangs of murderers, plunderers and thieves, surrounded by willing executioners, propagandists, sycophants, crooks, liars, clowns, charlatans, dupes and useful idiots—an institution that dirties and taints everything it touches.” - Hans Hoppe

"Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because its excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience." - Adam Smith

Nothing that requires the labor of others is a basic human right.

I keep a stiff upper lip and shoot from the hip. - AC/DC

Becca Mills

« Reply #151 on: November 03, 2018, 04:49:00 AM »
I didn't say best. I said most important. It was the third movie which Cuaron totally ruined. Oldman was one of the few (very few) saving graces of that movie.

Oh dear ... my absolute favorite of all the films ...  :icon_redface:
Recently Read ...

Maggie Ann

« Reply #152 on: November 03, 2018, 11:14:31 PM »
I didn't say best. I said most important. It was the third movie which Cuaron totally ruined. Oldman was one of the few (very few) saving graces of that movie.

It was my favorite of the books, probably because of Sirius.

I'm glad somebody liked the movie. Most of the Chamber of Secrets forum did not.

Becca Mills

« Reply #153 on: November 04, 2018, 11:00:50 AM »

It was my favorite of the books, probably because of Sirius.

I'm glad somebody liked the movie. Most of the Chamber of Secrets forum did not.

Yeah, it's my favorite of the books, too.

What's the main problem with the film, do you think?
Recently Read ...

Maggie Ann

« Reply #154 on: November 04, 2018, 11:58:56 AM »
First, too artsy with all that clock symbolism. I'm not saying that they should go back to the simplicity of the first two movies. They were appropriate for those two books. By the third book, things had started to get darker. But Cuaron didn't make it darker. He made it dirtier.

Cuaron sprinkled Mexican symbols all over the place. It's England, not Mexico.

Most importantly, none of the actors were up to par and to me, that's down to the director. "He was their friend and he betrayed them." That's an example of what could have been a great scene and Dan Radcliffe was even then a good actor, but he didn't come off as being emotional. It was very superficial. Evan Alan Rickman, one of my very favorite actors, seemed like he was reading the script and not feeling it at all.

And don't get me started on the shrunken heads, what Padfoot and Moony looked liked in their animal state, and the Quidditch match.

Kay Inglis

« Reply #155 on: November 09, 2018, 03:07:55 AM »
I finished watching Taken starring Liam Neeson a few minutes ago. (It's on HBO.)

Rating: 6

I love this film.

And Taken 2

And Taken 3

Of course the first film was the best, but I like Liam Neeson enough to watch him doing the same thing over and over again in the same way that I enjoyed watching Bruce Willis in the Die Hards over and over again.

Writer of Cosy Apocalypse Tales

Kay Inglis

« Reply #156 on: November 09, 2018, 03:20:22 AM »
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

The first Jurassic Park film is in my top ten favourite films and I simply have to watch the sequels, although I know that they will never match the original one.

Fallen Kingdom starts out well, nicely set up, and I always enjoy seeing the "remains" of the last disaster park or island as a background.

But this film is just too much. Too much everything. Too much plot. Too much action. Even too much dinosaur.

There is the making of a great film in there, but it needed the plot to be tighter and the action more relevant to the plot.

I'm actually a big fan of the third film, which has a well constructed plot and, by not trying to be too clever, gets close to the perfect pace of the original.

But I would still watch a sixth film if it were to be made!

Writer of Cosy Apocalypse Tales

Becca Mills

« Reply #157 on: November 09, 2018, 03:41:22 AM »
First, too artsy with all that clock symbolism. I'm not saying that they should go back to the simplicity of the first two movies. They were appropriate for those two books. By the third book, things had started to get darker. But Cuaron didn't make it darker. He made it dirtier.

Cuaron sprinkled Mexican symbols all over the place. It's England, not Mexico.

Most importantly, none of the actors were up to par and to me, that's down to the director. "He was their friend and he betrayed them." That's an example of what could have been a great scene and Dan Radcliffe was even then a good actor, but he didn't come off as being emotional. It was very superficial. Evan Alan Rickman, one of my very favorite actors, seemed like he was reading the script and not feeling it at all.

And don't get me started on the shrunken heads, what Padfoot and Moony looked liked in their animal state, and the Quidditch match.

Huh, interesting. I'm embarrassed to say the Mexican symbolism went 100% over my head -- I didn't get any of it. I will have to rewatch the movie and see if I catch anything, but it could be that I'm just too unfamiliar with Mexican culture to see it.  :icon_redface:

I agree that very emotional scene of Harry's was bad. The last time we watched it (with our kids), my husband glanced at me and said, "Ouch." The rest didn't strike me, though, so I guess I just chalked it up to Radcliffe's acting limitations at that age.

I think what I liked about it was that it felt like a coherent work of art in its own right, rather than an attempt to squeeze a maximum number of elements of the book into a movie-shaped box as faithfully as possible. I find I almost always prefer film adaptations that aren't too tightly constrained by their source material. It's also my favorite of the books, so I just love love love the story.  :heart:
Recently Read ...

Becca Mills

« Reply #158 on: November 09, 2018, 03:46:29 AM »
Recently Read ...

Anarchist

« Reply #159 on: November 09, 2018, 06:50:23 AM »
Here are the films I've watched over the past week...

Megamind

Terrific. Lots of laughs, great voice performances, and sympathetic characters.

Rating: 8/10

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Good cast, but terrible writing. Shane Black, the screenwriter and director, has done good stuff in the past. But he was trying too hard to be clever.

Rating: 5/10

Cold In July

Solid story and good performances marred by a few quirky twists.

Rating: 7/10

Columbus

This one has a 97% on RT and 89 on Metacritic. I thought it was slow and boring. That said, Haley Lu Richardson was fantastic.

Rating: 6/10

State of Play

Clever plot driven by a great cast.

The biggest challenge in watching this film is getting past Russell Crowe's hair...

The Ritual

Really creepy. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.

The Verdict

Awesome film. Written by Mamet, directed by Lumet, and starring Ol' Blue Eyes... what more can I ask for?

Rating: 9/10

* Sorry for the film dump. I've been lackadaisical about updating this thread because I wasn't sure anyone cared.

"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to fully satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics.” – Thomas Sowell

"The State is an institution run by gangs of murderers, plunderers and thieves, surrounded by willing executioners, propagandists, sycophants, crooks, liars, clowns, charlatans, dupes and useful idiots—an institution that dirties and taints everything it touches.” - Hans Hoppe

"Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because its excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience." - Adam Smith

The following users thanked this post: Becca Mills

Maggie Ann

« Reply #160 on: November 09, 2018, 11:08:59 AM »
Saw The Verdict years ago. Wonderful film. I've watched Megamind with the grandkids a few times. So much fun.

The following users thanked this post: Anarchist

PJ Post

« Reply #161 on: November 10, 2018, 11:40:07 AM »

It had a bit of a made for TV vibe and played mostly in the shallow end of the pool. More of the same YA goes mutant, but doesn't do enough with it, a lot like The 5th Wave. 5/10.

Not nearly as good as the original, but then the first one was just about as perfect as a film can get. Still, II was really really fun.

:tup3b

eta:

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom...too much dinosaur.

You know when your dino movie has too much dino, you've screwed up - rather egregiously. I totally agree. This new reboot looks great, but like TLJ, everything looks good anymore. Sadly, the rest of the team is having a tough time getting it together. Jesus, how do you f*ck up a Jurassic Park movie...twice?!

Trick question...we all know it's the writing.  :angel:

@Anarchist: I agree with your general assessment of those films, except Columbus and Ritual, haven't see them yet. For some reason, that list reminded me of Goodfellas, which I'm overdue watching again.

I find I almost always prefer film adaptations that aren't too tightly constrained by their source material.

I think I get where you're coming from, but unfortunately, this is how we got the train wreck known as John Carter. Genre defining content and story, one of the single greatest influences on twentieth century fiction, and yet Stanton thought he could be it better, update it for a modern audience.  :HB
What an asshat. Always trust the source material - or do a different movie. This goes double for anime - and why live-action remakes should steer clear of Akira.

I'm crossing my fingers for Alita.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 12:21:33 PM by PJ Post »

The following users thanked this post: Kay Inglis

Anarchist

« Reply #162 on: November 10, 2018, 12:27:02 PM »
@Anarchist: I agree with your general assessment of those films, except Columbus and Ritual, haven't see them yet. For some reason, that list reminded me of Goodfellas, which I'm overdue watching again.

Goodfellas is one of the handful of movies I've given a 10/10. What a terrific film!

I'm crossing my fingers for Alita.

Directed by Robert Rodriguez and produced by Cameron with a $150 billion budget... I'm optimistic!

notthatamanda

« Reply #163 on: November 11, 2018, 01:50:30 AM »
We watched Trumbo last night.  It was really well done and really interesting.  And funny (dark humor mostly).  Cranston was the dad in Malcolm in the Middle (TV Show) but it took a while for me to figure that out, he really transformed himself.   I knew about the black listing in Hollywood, but I didn't know about Kirk Douglas or John Wayne's involvement.

My husband stayed awake for the whole thing so it gets a "Two eyes open" rating, which is the highest we give.

Lysmata Debelius

« Reply #164 on: November 19, 2018, 03:02:30 PM »

We watched "Midnight Special" last night. It's an amazing movie. The story telling is fantastic.

Angela Haddon

« Reply #165 on: November 19, 2018, 03:58:01 PM »
The last film I saw was Jurassic Park: Fallen Kingdom. It was so terrible, I've been too afraid to watch another new movie. How could they mess up dinosaurs?  :icon_cry: :icon_cry: :icon_cry:

Book Cover Designer | Website | Facebook | Writer Sanctum Thread

dgcasey

• Long Novel unlocked
  • Take my memories. I hope you got a big appetite.
« Reply #166 on: November 19, 2018, 04:19:00 PM »
Just a good, family movie.

I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.
"The Tales of Garlan" title="The Tales of Garlan"
"Into The Wishing Well" title="Into The Wishing Well"
Dave's Amazon Author page | DGlennCasey.com | TheDailyPainter.com
I'm the Doctor by the way, what's your name? Rose. Nice to meet you, Rose. Run for your life!

Becca Mills

« Reply #167 on: November 19, 2018, 04:42:32 PM »
Has anyone seen the new Fantastic Beasts? If so, what'd you think?
Recently Read ...

Michelle Louring

• Novella unlocked
  • The owl is pure evil. Don't let him fool you.
« Reply #168 on: November 19, 2018, 09:04:12 PM »

Lots of conflicting feelings. Visually, it was great, but I found the character development incredibly weak (sort of feels like they tried to cram too much into one movie) and I miss the charm and humor from the first movie. I don't mind sequels being darker, just not this much darker this soon.

...But the Zouwu was goddamn adorable!

Crazy owl lady. I also occasionally write Fantasy books, but the owl is really all anyone cares about.

https://michellelouring.com/

Maggie Ann

« Reply #169 on: November 19, 2018, 10:43:37 PM »

Lots of conflicting feelings. Visually, it was great, but I found the character development incredibly weak (sort of feels like they tried to cram too much into one movie) and I miss the charm and humor from the first movie. I don't mind sequels being darker, just not this much darker this soon.

...But the Zouwu was goddamn adorable!

The characters were what I liked about the first movie. I'll go see this one anyway, but I'm afraid the HP movies are turning into Star Wars. You go to see it because it's HP, not because it's a good movie.

notthatamanda

« Reply #170 on: November 20, 2018, 08:45:14 AM »

Just saw it today.  Mixed feelings about it, it was very dark, but there were some laughs.   I don't think I'm spoiling anything to say it was a lead in for the next movie, and this one left me with less of a sense of completion than the first Fantastic Beasts.  At the end I'm watching, thinking "Oh, the story's not even close to over, but it's over for today."  It was annoying.  It's a different experience than watching the HP movies, when I just wanted to see the interpretation, but I already knew the story.  My thirteen year old claimed she liked it, but I had to explain a lot afterwards.  The nine year old said "That made no sense at all."

Becca Mills

« Reply #171 on: November 20, 2018, 06:00:47 PM »
Thanks for the feedback on Fantastic Beasts, everyone. Sounds like I won't be taking the one widget who was interested in seeing it -- the first one was at the darkness limit for them.

We all saw The Nutcracker and the Four Realms today. It was a movie. 6/10.  :shrug
Recently Read ...

Anarchist

« Reply #172 on: November 21, 2018, 12:50:58 AM »
Recently saw this (my 3rd time)...

Brilliant.

Rating: 10/10

guest957

« Reply #173 on: November 21, 2018, 05:55:36 AM »
The Secret Life of Pets: 4/10

Annihilation: 4/10

PJ Post

« Reply #174 on: November 21, 2018, 09:25:50 AM »
I thought Adaptation was super self-indulgent, and couldn't get into the story at all.

Although Annihilation suffered from more of the same, it was out-there SF enough for me to like it. These movies always suffer from a lack of characterization, or from single-event-defining characterization. I like well-rounded real people, even though that doesn't always work for the Indie writer/director's angst.

+1 on the Fantastic Beasts feedback. I liked the first one, and like most, I'll see this next one because it's HP.

*crossing my fingers they don't ruin this one too*

+1 on Midnight Special - it managed to get past its Indie roots and do something really cool.

I like Deadpool's joke about Taken: at some point you have to wonder if he's just a bad parent.

___

Low-impact aerobics, but a nice super-hero break after Infinity War - I need to recharge for part 2.

Not as intense as it tried to be, Walberg's character seemed oddly written, and they didn't get the unhinged they were going for. Lots of cool action, but no substance, so not quite a thumbs up. We don't know the characters enough to care if they make it or not. Otoh, if you liked Patriot's Day and Deepwater Horizon you'll probably like this one too. It was really close to almost good.

This one was beyond stupid, beyond goofy, beyond lacking substance; it was ridiculously written - and yet...they had me at Jurassic-shark. Catch it for free, and I'm ashamed to admit it, but...

And if you liked The Meg, I highly recommend this one:

Yes, it's over the top cliche. Yes, everyone in it is too stupid to live. And your point is?

And as long as I'm on shark movies...

:tup3b :tup3b

Anarchist

« Reply #175 on: November 21, 2018, 09:35:04 AM »
I like Deadpool's joke about Taken: at some point you have to wonder if he's just a bad parent.

Haha. I forgot about that joke. I laughed then. I laughed now. :)

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #176 on: November 21, 2018, 11:35:43 AM »
This one was beyond stupid, beyond goofy, beyond lacking substance; it was ridiculously written - and yet...they had me at Jurassic-shark. Catch it for free, and I'm ashamed to admit it, but...

It's always nice to see someone admit to having guilty pleasures.   :icon_mrgreen:

One of my own guilty pleasures is Death Race, the remake starring Jason Statham.  I know it's not a cinematic masterpiece.  And I don't even like Statham as an actor.  But it's like distilled adrenaline on celluloid, and I think I can actually feel my testosterone level spike when I watch it.   :icon_rofl:

***Warning: language and violence***   :cool:

v  v  v  v  v    Short Stories    v  v  v  v  v    vv FREE! vv

Genres: Science Fiction, Fantasy (some day) | Author Website

Becca Mills

« Reply #177 on: November 21, 2018, 12:22:51 PM »
What's a film you think is terrific (not just a guilty pleasure, but really high quality) that everyone else you know thinks is mediocre at best?

My biggie is Shyamalan's Unbreakable.
Recently Read ...

guest957

« Reply #178 on: November 21, 2018, 02:55:11 PM »
What's a film you think is terrific (not just a guilty pleasure, but really high quality) that everyone else you know thinks is mediocre at best?

Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2

Becca Mills

« Reply #179 on: November 22, 2018, 04:00:07 AM »

I'm embarrassed to say I haven't seen either of the Guardians movies ...
Recently Read ...

guest957

« Reply #180 on: November 22, 2018, 06:59:17 AM »

I'm embarrassed to say I haven't seen either of the Guardians movies ...

Oh, I think they're both terrific. They're among my favorite movies of the past decade. Really fun.

To me, they're also a throwback to the 70s/80s when Hollywood creatives seemed less averse to telling fantastical stories imbued with emotion in an earnest way, without fear of being made fun of by the cool kids. Yes, both movies feature a lot of "cool" humor, but they also have a lot of heart. They embrace the cheese, and that's a welcome change in today's cynical, post-post, deconstructionist everything. They're definitely my favorite of all the Marvel films, and are more along the lines of what I'd wished Disney had done with the new Star Wars movies.

Of course, ymmv.  :icon_cool:

The following users thanked this post: Jeff Tanyard, Anarchist

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #181 on: November 22, 2018, 08:40:26 AM »
To me, they're also a throwback to the 70s/80s when Hollywood creatives seemed less averse to telling fantastical stories imbued with emotion in an earnest way, without fear of being made fun of by the cool kids. Yes, both movies feature a lot of "cool" humor, but they also have a lot of heart. They embrace the cheese, and that's a welcome change in today's cynical, post-post, deconstructionist everything. They're definitely my favorite of all the Marvel films, and are more along the lines of what I'd wished Disney had done with the new Star Wars movies.

Of course, ymmv.  :icon_cool:

I hadn't thought about it this way before, but now that you mention it, I completely agree.  I've only seen the first movie, but I enjoyed it, and I think a big part of that is because of the more positive mood.   :cheers

PJ Post

« Reply #182 on: November 23, 2018, 04:27:39 AM »

I really like the Guardians movies too, but then, so do most people - even the critics. RT has the movies rated at 91/92% and 83/88% respectively. So I'm not sure that qualifies for Becca's challenge - a movie everyone else thinks is mediocre at best.

Here are a few of mine (RT score: critics/audience):

57/70

They had me at: "Will it hurt?"

23/47

This movie is widely misunderstood, which doesn't mean you'll like it if you get it, just that there's a lot going on here (literary stuff).

59/77

This movie follows in the best traditions of SF horror, exceptionally well done.

34/67

What's not to like about zombie Dobermans and a sociopathic AI?

And of course...

Am I the only one who likes political intrigue in galaxies far, far away?

___

The critics hated these movies, but fans are s'okay to meh on them. Me...

:tup3b :tup3b :tup3b

Anarchist

« Reply #183 on: November 23, 2018, 05:50:34 AM »
Saw this recently...

Written and directed by Paul Greengrass, a talented storyteller (Bourne Supremacy, United 93, Bloody Sunday, etc.). It's a dramatization of the 2011 Norway attacks and the events that followed them.

Maggie Ann

« Reply #184 on: November 23, 2018, 05:54:28 AM »
I don't think Episodes I-III were as bad as the critics and most fans made out. I won't say I'll watch them again, but I might watch Ep I again. The problem with II and III for me was the absolutely horrible acting. HC, especially, but even NP. To me, that's down to the director.  (Yes, Becca, just like HP-3)

guest957

« Reply #185 on: November 23, 2018, 09:58:44 AM »

I really like the Guardians movies too, but then, so do most people - even the critics. RT has the movies rated at 91/92% and 83/88% respectively. So I'm not sure that qualifies for Becca's challenge - a movie everyone else thinks is mediocre at best.

Becca's question pertained to "everyone else you know". I don't know any of them thar fancy critics. But, of the people I know, i.e. my friends and family, most of whom held unfavorable opinions of Guardians, Vol. 2. I've tried to convince them it's a great movie, but to no avail.

Tom Wood

« Reply #186 on: November 23, 2018, 10:18:40 AM »

59/77

This movie follows in the best traditions of SF horror, exceptionally well done.

34/67

What's not to like about zombie Dobermans and a sociopathic AI?

Pitch Black is a wonderful movie! There are so many layers to the narrative, in addition to all the weird horror and sci-fi elements.

"Not for me! Not for me!"

Wow.

The breakout role for Vin Diesel.

Resident Evil - Just yeah, zombie Dobermans. The click click click of their nails on the floor from around the corner. Brilliant film-making!

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #187 on: November 23, 2018, 02:01:37 PM »
I watched The Wizard of Oz tonight while winding down after the family Thanksgiving.

Maggie Ann

« Reply #188 on: November 23, 2018, 11:22:23 PM »
The Christmas Chronicles on Netflix. Two kids have to save Christmas. A cut above the usual, especially the jail scene which had me practically rolling on the floor. Nice surprise at the very end.

I'll be spending most of the next month watching Christmas movies because I'm sappy that way.

Lysmata Debelius

« Reply #189 on: November 24, 2018, 12:24:10 AM »
Saw this recently...

Written and directed by Paul Greengrass, a talented storyteller (Bourne Supremacy, United 93, Bloody Sunday, etc.). It's a dramatization of the 2011 Norway attacks and the events that followed them.

I heard an interview with Paul Greengrass about this film. It sounds very interesting, if also quite frightening.

WordWrassler

• Blurb unlocked
  • Embracing the grind
« Reply #190 on: November 24, 2018, 03:35:39 AM »
Recently watched Den of Thieves. Thought it was a great crime thriller that played homage to Heat, though with more guns and testosterone. The cast was really good and, after all the explosive action, the ending was clever.

Lysmata Debelius

« Reply #191 on: November 24, 2018, 03:20:17 PM »

Watched "Sleepless in Seattle" last night. I loved it when it first came out - I was in my early 20s.  I remember being particularly swept up by the whole "will they meet" thing at the end. This time round, while I enjoyed the movie, I didn't particularly care about the relationship / love angle at all. I found myself sympathising most with Meg Ryan's dumped boyfriend! Poor guy. She treated him pretty shabbily.

Captain Cranky

« Reply #192 on: November 24, 2018, 07:30:22 PM »
I just watched The Ballad of Buster Scruggs the other night and loved it. Bit sad in a few places, but I'm a Tom Waits fan and he was just fantastic.  :heart:

I agree that Pitch Black is an excellent movie, I periodically go back and watch  it  Grin
If you dare nothing, then when the day is over nothing is all you will have gained. -Neil Gaiman

Maggie Ann

« Reply #193 on: November 24, 2018, 11:55:26 PM »

Watched "Sleepless in Seattle" last night. I loved it when it first came out - I was in my early 20s.  I remember being particularly swept up by the whole "will they meet" thing at the end. This time round, while I enjoyed the movie, I didn't particularly care about the relationship / love angle at all. I found myself sympathising most with Meg Ryan's dumped boyfriend! Poor guy. She treated him pretty shabbily.

Tastes change. Not to mention Tom Hanks haircut.

Anarchist

« Reply #194 on: November 25, 2018, 12:57:23 AM »
Saw this a couple days ago (on Netflix)...

It's the fifth Dirty Harry movie. A guilty pleasure for me. And it includes a bit part for a future A-Lister...

Spoiler: ShowHide
Jim Carrey

Lysmata Debelius

« Reply #195 on: November 25, 2018, 05:20:47 AM »
Just saw Nightcrawler. What a movie. I found it fascinating and disturbing. Don't watch if you are feeling vulnerable. And of course, it's the actor who played Donnie Darko. He is basically the devil, but everything he says is corporate-motivational-speak. Calm, reasonable, and completely insane.

Anarchist

« Reply #196 on: November 25, 2018, 06:12:07 AM »
Just saw Nightcrawler. What a movie. I found it fascinating and disturbing. Don't watch if you are feeling vulnerable. And of course, it's the actor who played Donnie Darko. He is basically the devil, but everything he says is corporate-motivational-speak. Calm, reasonable, and completely insane.

I loved Nightcrawler. Great flick.

Becca Mills

« Reply #197 on: November 25, 2018, 06:39:53 AM »
I don't think Episodes I-III were as bad as the critics and most fans made out. I won't say I'll watch them again, but I might watch Ep I again. The problem with II and III for me was the absolutely horrible acting. HC, especially, but even NP. To me, that's down to the director.  (Yes, Becca, just like HP-3)

I'm with you on that one, Maggie Ann. Ep. 2 was just ... I would rather clean all my baseboards with Q-Tips than endure those love story elements again. I know NP is a great actor, so I'm gonna blame it on the direction.  :shocked:

Joining the love for Pitch Black! Great film. Triumph of the KISS principle.

I think I'm going to make watching all the Marvel movies in order with the kids a summer project. I missed most of them, I think. Looking forward to the Guardians films most of all.
Recently Read ...

Anarchist

« Reply #198 on: November 26, 2018, 02:50:46 AM »
Saw this last night...

Mesmerizing. An epic tale with a wonderful soundtrack.

Currently streaming on Hulu.

dgcasey

• Long Novel unlocked
  • Take my memories. I hope you got a big appetite.
« Reply #199 on: November 26, 2018, 04:40:12 AM »
Watched this last night. It never gets old.

I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.
"The Tales of Garlan" title="The Tales of Garlan"
"Into The Wishing Well" title="Into The Wishing Well"
Dave's Amazon Author page | DGlennCasey.com | TheDailyPainter.com
I'm the Doctor by the way, what's your name? Rose. Nice to meet you, Rose. Run for your life!

The following users thanked this post: Captain Cranky