Author Topic: Google Play  (Read 1813 times)

Doglover

Google Play
« on: July 23, 2019, 04:03:20 PM »
I recently uploaded a book to D2D. Most of the my books are exclusive to Amazon, but I took this one out and it has been selling fairly well. Anyway, I ticked all the publishers and this morning I got an email from Google Play thanking me for uploading my book to them and asking me to accept their T & C. Problem is, Google Play was not on the list I ticked and I'm not sure if I want it. Isn't this the one that reduces your selling price without asking? And then Amazon price match it?

Any advice, please.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
Re: Google Play
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 05:10:20 PM »
Check the boxes. If it was ticked, untick it.

At the moment, yes, GP are the ones who discount, so the price there has to be set higher. That changes in Aug, when US, AUS, CA, become fixed at what you set.

It is worth checking to see if you ticked the box by accident, and if so, unticking it.

On the other hand, if it is there, you may as well just change the price up by $2 and see what happens.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

The following users thanked this post: Doglover

Doglover

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 06:01:08 PM »
That's the point - Google Play is not on the list at all. I can't change anything because it's not there! I suppose if I don't agree to their terms they'll just go away. Not sure now. I think maybe I'll just ask D2D why I'm on Google Play when I didn't ask for it and it's not even offered.

ingobernable

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 07:09:00 PM »
Do you maybe have an existing account with Google? They updated their TOS, so they are sending out emails to everyone who has a direct account with them.

Doglover

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2019, 12:22:57 AM »
Do you maybe have an existing account with Google? They updated their TOS, so they are sending out emails to everyone who has a direct account with them.
I have emails with them and a Google ads account. So then it would just be a coincidence that I get this when I have just uploaded to D2D?

Thanks.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2019, 12:38:15 AM »
I have emails with them and a Google ads account. So then it would just be a coincidence that I get this when I have just uploaded to D2D?

Thanks.

It could be.

I've no books with them at the moment, and I got the email. I clicked the link to accept the new ToS, and it displayed I didn't have any books with them. But having an account with them, is something I want to keep for the future, should things change.

At the least, you need to check if your book is with them or not.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.